What's new

Pre-Order Almost Famous (2000) (4k UHD Steelbook) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
81RA9P4dpZS._SX522_.jpg 81VXd3fMLAS._SX522_.jpg
Newly Remastered Under the Supervision of Writer/Director Cameron Crowe,
Award-Winning Classic Debuts in 4K Ultra HD and in a New Limited-Edition Blu-ray™

image002.jpg
image004.png

Arriving July 13, 2021, Releases Include Both the Theatrical and Bootleg Cuts Along with Extensive New Bonus Content

Academy Award® winner* Cameron Crowe’s deeply personal and universally entertaining coming-of-age film ALMOST FAMOUS turns 21 in style, arriving for the first time on 4K Ultra HD in a limited-edition Steelbook, as well as in a new limited-edition Blu-ray in the Paramount Presents line on July 13, 2021 from Paramount Home Entertainment. In addition, UMe has compiled multiple iterations of the film’s Grammy® Award-winning soundtrack, including a limited-edition Uber Box set arriving July 9, 2021.

“We are extremely proud to revisit ALMOST FAMOUS with a very special bounty of goodness,” said Cameron Crowe. “For the first time, we’ve created a Deluxe Soundtrack that features nearly every song from the film, along with Nancy Wilson’s wonderfully evocative score. We’re also thrilled to finally preserve both versions of the film, along with a collection of rare new bonus features, on these beautiful new 4K and Blu-ray releases as part of Paramount Presents. Long live physical media!”

About the 4K Ultra HD
Meticulously remastered from a new 4K film transfer under the supervision of Crowe, ALMOST FAMOUS is presented in stunning 4K Ultra HD with Dolby Vision® and HDR-10 for ultra-vivid picture quality.** The limited-edition 4K Ultra HD Steelbook includes both the original theatrical cut (plus access to a digital copy) and the beloved Bootleg cut (aka “Untitled”), along with new bonus content offering a backstage pass into the creative process through a new interview with Crowe, extended scenes, rock-school sessions, a look at the casting and costumes, and more. Previously released bonus content is also included as detailed below:
  • · Filmmaker Focus—Cameron Crowe on Almost FamousNEW!
  • · Casting & Costumes—NEW!
  • · Rock School—NEW!
  • · Extended Scenes—NEW!
  • · Odds & Sods—NEW!
  • · Audio Commentary with Cameron Crowe and Friends (Bootleg cut)
  • · Intro by Cameron Crowe
  • · The Making of Almost Famous
  • · Interview with Lester Bangs (optional audio intro by Cameron Crowe)
  • · Cameron Crowe’s Top Albums of 1973
  • · “Fever Dog” music video
  • · “Loves Comes and Goes” (optional audio intro by Cameron Crowe)
  • · Rolling Stone Articles (optional audio intro by Cameron Crowe)
  • · B-Sides (optional audio intro by Cameron Crowe)
  • · Cleveland Concert (optional audio intro by Cameron Crowe)
  • · “Small Time Blues”
  • · Stairway (optional audio intro by Cameron Crowe)
  • · Script
  • · Theatrical Trailer
  • · Hidden Talent (Unhidden Easter Eggs)

About the Limited-Edition Blu-ray

ALMOST FAMOUS
will also be available in a limited-edition Blu-ray Disc™ and is—fittingly—Volume #21 in the Paramount Presents line. With collectible packaging featuring a foldout image of the film’s theatrical poster and an interior spread with key movie moments, the release includes the remastered versions of the theatrical cut for the first time on Blu-ray (plus access to a digital copy) and the Bootleg cut, along with the bonus content listed above.

About UMe’s Soundtrack Releases

To complement the 4K Ultra HD and Limited-Edition Blu-ray releases, UMe has compiled multiple iterations of the film’s Grammy® Award-winning soundtrack, augmented comprehensively in the limited-edition Uber Box set that encompasses an expanded soundtrack with five CDs, seven 180-gram black vinyl discs, and a brand new 7-inch for Stillwater’s “Fever Dog.” The expanded soundtrack includes songs from The Beach Boys, Joni Mitchell, Led Zeppelin, Neil Young & Crazy Horse, The Who, and Yes, plus all the songs created for the film’s fictional aspiring rock group Stillwater, most written for the movie by Cameron Crowe, Heart’s Nancy Wilson and Grammy Award-winning guitarist, Peter Frampton.

The Uber Box includes bonus items such as a 40-page photo book and memoir housed in a film-prop-replica of William Miller’s high-school notebook; the first-ever complete William Miller cover story on Stillwater as a 1973Rolling Stone newsprint; two replica ticket stubs; and a Stillwater tour poster. Exclusively available only in the Uber Boxset is a Stillwater Cleveland concert poster and a backstage poster; six film-prop-replica backstage passes (some seen throughout the film); three film-prop-replica business cards for Dick Roswell (Stillwater road manager), Lester Bangs (Creem magazine), and Ben Fong-Torres (Rolling Stone magazine); and three photo prints of cast members. Along with the thirteen-disc Uber Deluxe box, Universal is issuing two six-LP editions—one on black vinyl, the other with colored vinyl discs; a five-CD Super Deluxe set including 102 tracks, 36 of them previously unreleased songs; a separate 12-inch vinyl EP with all 6 of Stillwater’s songs; a Record Store Day exclusive with the 7 original demos of the Stillwater songs, five performed by Wilson the other two by Frampton; a two-LP vinyl version of the original soundtrack album; a two-CD Deluxe Edition of the original soundtrack. Pre-order the ALMOST FAMOUS EXPANDED SOUNDTRACK now and listen to Stillwater’s Bonus Track “Love Comes And Goes”HERE.

View full details of UMe’s ALMOST FAMOUS EXPANDED SOUNDTRACK HERE.

Synopsis

ALMOST FAMOUS
is the semi-autobiographical odyssey of 15-year-old William Miller (Patrick Fugit), whose writing talent and earnest passion for rock music earns him an assignment for Rolling Stone, interviewing and touring with Stillwater (Billy Crudup, Jason Lee). Penny Lane (Kate Hudson) is the young groupie who guides him through the wild world of rock heroes, all-night parties, and the most dangerous experience of all—love. The film won the Golden Globe® for Best Motion Picture—Comedy or Musical and the AFI Award for Movie of the Year and received dozens of additional nominations and awards.

About Paramount Presents

This collectible line spans celebrated classics to film-lover favorites, each from the studio’s renowned library. Every Paramount Presents release features never-before-seen bonus content and exclusive collectible packaging. Additional titles available in the Paramount Presents collection on Blu-ray include: Fatal Attraction, King Creole, To Catch a Thief, Flashdance, Days of Thunder, Pretty In Pink, Airplane!, Ghost, Roman Holiday, The Haunting, The Golden Child, Trading Places, The Court Jester, Love Story, Elizabethtown, The Greatest Show on Earth, Mommie Dearest, Last Train from Gun Hill, 48 HRS, and Another 48 HRS.

About Paramount Home Entertainment

Paramount Home Entertainment (PHE) is part of Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment. PPC is a unit of ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA), a leading content company with prominent and respected film, television and digital entertainment brands. The PHE division oversees PPC’s home entertainment and transactional digital distribution activities worldwide. The division is responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of home entertainment content on behalf of Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, Paramount Television Studios, Paramount Players, MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central and CBS and applicable licensing and servicing of certain DreamWorks Animation titles. PHE additionally manages global licensing of studio content and transactional distribution across worldwide digital distribution platforms including online, mobile and portable devices and emerging technologies.

ALMOST FAMOUS 4K Ultra HD

Street Date: July 13, 2021

U.S. Rating: R for language, drug content and brief nudity (theatrical cut)

Unrated (Bootleg Cut)

Paramount Presents: ALMOST FAMOUS

Street Date: July 13, 2021

U.S. Rating: R for language, drug content and brief nudity (theatrical cut)

Unrated (Bootleg Cut)

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Paul Bosquet

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
Really looking forward to this and hopefully there will be some new extras. I’ve never ordered a steelbook edition, perhaps this might be the first. I’ve never seen that cover photo before, not sure I like that as much as the previous releases.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Great film, but I hope the steelbook is not the only packaging. They’re too difficult to remove the disc from the spindle without bending the disc- that’s why I dislike the steelbooks.

• Agreed
Reactions: PMF

Paul Bosquet

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
Pre order is live, July 13 release date, $30.99

“Featuring both the original theatrical cut and the beloved “Bootleg Cut,” and a motherload of all-new features, this limited-edition Steelbook is a must-have for collectors and rock ’n’ roll fans alike.”

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Great film, but I hope the steelbook is not the only packaging. They’re too difficult to remove the disc from the spindle without bending the disc- that’s why I dislike the steelbooks.

Blu-ray preorder added to original post

Mark VH

Second Unit
So if I understand this correctly, the 4K is only available in the steelbook and the regular-packaging version is Blu-ray only. Is that right?

Either way, really looking forward to this as I rewatched the movie on DVD recently and it held up beautifully for me. Never got around to buying the Blu-ray and it sounds like this will be a welcome upgrade. Excited to watch this with my kids when they're old enough.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
So if I understand this correctly, the 4K is only available in the steelbook and the regular-packaging version is Blu-ray only. Is that right?

Either way, really looking forward to this as I rewatched the movie on DVD recently and it held up beautifully for me. Never got around to buying the Blu-ray and it sounds like this will be a welcome upgrade. Excited to watch this with my kids when they're old enough.

Thus far. The Steelbook could be an Amazon exclusive and there will be a cardboard 4k release offered shortly or through other vendors. Always hard to say.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Full press release information has been added to the original post

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I too would prefer something other than steelbook.

I don't usually buy soundtracks, but I might go for something like that uber box if they actually offered an option for SACDs instead of LPs or maybe hirez packed onto 1 BD-Audio or the like...

_Man_

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
BestBuy also has the same Steelbook at $5 less than Amazon ($25.99) but I suspect Amazon will match or beat that price around release date.

Unfortunately, it looks like according to the press release, this is only a Steelbook option for 4k.

Paul Bosquet

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
From TheUncool.com

E9635A11-F528-4D82-98A9-7309682CCCD3.jpeg

We are so excited to announce these releases. We have been working hard on these for the past couple of years and they were unfortunately delayed to due COVID, so we missed our 20th anniversary, but we know they will be worth the wait. Both titles will be released on July 13th.

We have included both cuts of the film, ALL previous extra features, along with the following new special features:

• Filmmaker Focus—Cameron looks back on making the film, what it means to him and the
  • Casting & Costumes— A journey through the casting process. This includes unearthed costume tests shot by John Toll in stunning 35mm along with never before seen rehearsal and audition footage.
  • Rock School—Cameron, Nancy Wilson, Peter Frampton and the actors take us behind the scenes of becoming the band Stillwater.
  • Extended Scenes— A collection of scene extensions and deleted scenes:
    • Jeff Bebe’s first interview
    • Phoenix Arizona Lobby
    • William visits the Rolling Stone offices
  • Odds & Sods—Our favorite little moments from earlier cuts of the film that aren’t included in any version of the film. I won’t spoil the almost 9 minutes of these fun tiny moments….
The 4K Blu-ray steelbook will have all the extras too and both versions of the film in stunning 4K. Here’s a look at the special artwork created for this release.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Awesome. I would also like to revisit the theatrical version - been so long. The current BD looks so old and rough.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I do hope it will include the scene with Crowe's narration about the precise moment to start playing Led Zeppelin's Stairway to Heaven in the scene with Fugit and McDormand. I see the new soundtrack includes plenty of Zeppelin songs, but still no Stairway. The price tag must be way too high, still.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I do hope it will include the scene with Crowe's narration about the precise moment to start playing Led Zeppelin's Stairway to Heaven in the scene with Fugit and McDormand. I see the new soundtrack includes plenty of Zeppelin songs, but still no Stairway. The price tag must be way too high, still.

The big list in Ron's updated original post mentions this near the bottom:
  • · Stairway (optional audio intro by Cameron Crowe)
I assumed that's the feature... though no mention of whether it actually includes the song for this release or still the same as before -- it's sorta novel fun to have to manually cue your own separate copy of Stairway and get it synched reasonably well, but yeah, would also be nice to not always have to do that...

Anyway, presumably, I can now retire my old DVD set, which I had to buy twice (and not at any significantly discounted price, which is rather unusual for me... along w/ the barebones UK import BD) -- forget what happened to my original copy that forced me to rebuy it.

_Man_

Last edited:

WillG

Senior HTF Member

TBH, I’m kind of glad they were never able to get that scene into the movie. Really would have ground it to a halt for 8 mins

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks