What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (2 Viewers)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I’m impressed by how good The X Files looks. I was skeptical of how if would look modified to 16x9, but it’s the first show I’ve seen that was modified and didn’t look like crap. Friends is almost unbearable for me to watch. The DVDs of X Files look so awful that this was a great upgrade. The horrible DVDs are the reason I never watched the series, after buying the complete series.

It’s also 5.1, but I suspect they just de-matrixes the original soundtrack and “created” a pseudo 5.1.

Last edited:

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Of course, for $5 I had to buy it anyway to find out. This is the type of movie that should really benefit from HDR, with all those dark scenes.

I’m giving it a quick viewing, and it looks good so far.

Natalie Portman devastates me in this movie.

Such a great movie. I wonder how many times I’ve seen it.

Last edited:

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
I feel the need to publicly confess that I've been a movie fan for most of my 42 years and I've never seen "Heat" even though I've owned it in every format.

No explanation.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
:eek: You're a film noir fan so I think you would love this movie.

Oh, I know, it makes zero sense.

My other odd quirk is that my favorite director is Hitchcock. I have a few bits of memorabilia from him up in the house (autographs, etc).

I've seen every movie he's made about 20 times each, but I have purposely never seen Suspicion because I can't bring myself to reach that point where I have no new movies of his left to watch ;)

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I picked up the Blu of Heat definitive dir edition in the Wal mart 5.88 bin a few years ago. the digital copy included upgraded to 4K a year or so ago.
The Blu-ray by itself looked great.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I picked up the Blu of Heat definitive dir edition in the Wal mart 5.88 bin a few years ago. the digital copy included upgraded to 4K a year or so ago.
The Blu-ray by itself looked great.
How often does that happen? I have to admit, I've never redeemed any codes. So, really, what is the benefit, other than getting a 4K upgrade, which I suspect is rare.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
How often does that happen? I have to admit, I've never redeemed any codes. So, really, what is the benefit, other than getting a 4K upgrade, which I suspect is rare.

It happens if you redeem directly on iTunes every time 4K is available.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Well crap. Then I just screwed myself out of a 4K version of The Fifth Element.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
At least I only redeemed one title. Figures it’s probably one of the few where I lost out on a 4K.
The movie still isn't available in 4K on Vudu or MA. This whole system is messed up and has caused many of us, movies not being redeemed properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks