TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Premium
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Tony D.
I didn’t get 4K on Fifth either. I thought that was not one that could be upgraded by iTunes?

JohnRice

Executive Producer
Reaction score
Website
www.theteatable.com
Real Name
John
I redeemed it on MA, which I only just signed up for. But it was a UV code, so maybe iTunes wouldn’t have accepted it anyway. I’m only just delving into this, since I realized I can get 4K from some of my BRs.

Cranston37

Cinematographer
Reaction score
Real Name
Is there any benefit to MA if you basically only use Apple for digital purchases?
Sure, sale prices. Why only shop at one store? I only use Apple for my digital movie watching, but I shop Vudu, Amazon, FandangoNow, etc for the best price knowing they will import to iTunes via MA.

I also like having MA as a backup. If something screwy happened to my Apple account I like knowing my digital movie collection is safe because it's also housed at MA.

Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Reaction score
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I feel the need to publicly confess that I've been a movie fan for most of my 42 years and I've never seen "Heat" even though I've owned it in every format.

No explanation.

You NEED to see this film. It has become a classic.

I just watched it on 4k digital for the first time in 10+ years.

I had forgotten so much about this film. Rewatching it, I can see why it so beloved. It really is a first-rate action film with two great stars.

The 4k transfer was mixed but very good. At times it looked like a Blu-ray, but there were many moments where there was an abundance of detail that only 4k could bring. In all, it's an excellent transfer.

Reactions: Cranston37

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Reaction score
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Actually, aside from one historic sequence, it's really not an action film. What makes it great to me is that it's really a drama, about characters who are usually in action films.
Wow. Coulda fooled me!

JohnRice

Executive Producer
Reaction score
Website
www.theteatable.com
Real Name
John
OK, so it seems to me that if a code can be redeemed at iTunes, it should be redeemed there. If not, try other places. Yeah?

I registered iTunes and Prime with MA. I don't understand why all my iTunes movies show up in MA and Prime, but my purchased Prime movies only show up in Prime. Nowhere else. Any ideas?

JohnRice

Executive Producer
Reaction score
Website
www.theteatable.com
Real Name
John
Wow. Coulda fooled me!
Ron, the movie is about 90% dialog. There is the one epic action sequence, plus the cat and mouse at the end, but it's definitely not like The Bourne Identity, in regards to being primarily "Action". Maybe I'm alone in that interpretation. For example, I also don't consider The Godfather to be an action film.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Reaction score
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Ron, the movie is about 90% dialog. There is the one epic action sequence, plus the cat and mouse at the end, but it's definitely not like The Bourne Identity, in regards to being primarily "Action". Maybe I'm alone in that interpretation. For example, I also don't consider The Godfather to be an action film.
There are a couple of notable action sequences.

However, it seems we just have different perspectives on this film.

Cranston37

Cinematographer
Reaction score
Real Name
I registered iTunes and Prime with MA. I don't understand why all my iTunes movies show up in MA and Prime, but my purchased Prime movies only show up in Prime. Nowhere else.
Have some examples? Need to make sure they are MA compatible...

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Premium
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Tony D.
John there is a spreadsheet over at Blu-ray .com that is essential for knowing where to redeem the codes to get the most chances for 4K and if it will upgrade to 4K etc.

Someone who has it handy will repost it in a minute I’m sure.

JohnRice

Executive Producer
Reaction score
Website
www.theteatable.com
Real Name
John
However, it seems we just have different perspectives on this film.
Yes, there are a couple really intense action sequences, which make up about 20 minutes of a three hour movie. What elevates it for me is that there is so much drama, which I find to be the heart of the movie. All the time we spend watching Neil and Eady, leading up to that stunning final, dramatic scene. Same with Chris and Charlene,with all the dysfunction, and their final scene.

I'm just saying that a couple epic action sequences do give it a kick in the pants, but the majority of the movie is drama.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Reaction score
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Yes, there are a couple really intense action sequences, which make up about 20 minutes of a three hour movie. What elevates it for me is that there is so much drama, which I find to be the heart of the movie. All the time we spend watching Neil and Eady, leading up to that stunning final, dramatic scene. Same with Chris and Charlene,with all the dysfunction, and their final scene.

I'm just saying that a couple epic action sequences do give it a kick in the pants, but the majority of the movie is drama.

John, I think you made your point. I made mine. Everyone knows where we stand. Sometimes you have to move on...

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topreplay