What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (4 Viewers)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Deep Space Nine: The Complete Series bundle is available today from Vudu, iTunes, and the Microsoft Store for $39.99. Too bad it's SD only:

It was $29.99 on iTunes back in May when I bought it. With patience, it may hit that price again.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
FWIW, if you don't have TMP: DE 4K and at least some (or most/all) others, you could also just get either the 6-film 4K bundle for $30 or the entire 10-film bundle for $35 (w/ the 1st 6 already in 4K and the rest probably upgraded to 4K later when those become available).

It looks to me like both bundles include the TMP: DE 4K now, not just the TMP theatrical 4K like before.

Of course, you could also try waiting to see if these bundles eventually drop to $20 or the like since the 10-film bundle has done that on a couple occasions before... but that was before any of them ever got upgraded to 4K though...

_Man_

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Anyone know if Cheers: Complete Series in HD is the original 4:3 aspect or is it 16x9 like MASH Is?

It's only $29.99 for all 11 seasons in HD, but I'm not sure what I would be getting.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Anyone know if Cheers: Complete Series in HD is the original 4:3 aspect or is it 16x9 like MASH Is?

It's only $29.99 for all 11 seasons in HD, but I'm not sure what I would be getting.
All of the episodes are in the original 4:3 aspect ratio. I bought the entire series 3 years ago for $19.99. Sale prices were better back in 2018/2019 than they are now. Edit: I just checked Cheapcharts, April, 2020 was the last time the entire series was on sale for $19.99.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
All of the episodes are in the original 4:3 aspect ratio. I bought the entire series 3 years ago for $19.99. Sale prices were better back in 2018/2019 than they are now. Edit: I just checked Cheapcharts, April, 2020 was the last time the entire series was on sale for $19.99.
Thanks for this info!

Going to get it. Much as I'd like $19, it could be years away or even never. So half-off is great to me.

I do wish iTunes would offer more complete classic TV series at reasonable prices. Most are priced way too high. Studios are really missing opportunities with people like me who gladly rebuy classic series just to get rid of cumbersome DVDs. I would snap up tons more.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Just noticed the 6th/final season of Better Called Saul is on sale for $10 on Vudu. Went ahead and bought it (w/ a discounted Vudu GC) like I previously also did for S5 since no idea when it might eventually show up on Netflix (and I/we don't have access to AMC... and I'm not keen on paying the current/near-future $$$ for the disc set).

Anyway, looks like it's been on sale (for the 1st time) for the past week, so act fast if anyone's interested.

Deep Space Nine: The Complete Series bundle is available today from Vudu, iTunes, and the Microsoft Store for $39.99. Too bad it's SD only:

It was $29.99 on iTunes back in May when I bought it. With patience, it may hit that price again.

Seems like just about all things Trek have been on sale this past week -- and today (or maybe Thurs?) might be the last day I guess.

I might've jumped on a complete series or maybe two in such sale late last year (or early this year), but now, not so sure I should ever bother... since they're all essentially gonna be permanently(?) on Paramount+ anyway -- and I can probably just plan on watching them whenever I have my subscription active (for whichever new Trek releases) for the foreseeable future, if I don't happen to already own the discs.

Same goes for some other CBS/Paramount series that go on sale.

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks