What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (3 Viewers)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Thanks. I’m wondering if it’s a good $5 value for the film,
I can deal with a bad transfer

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
If you like mysteries, this is one of the best and with an all-star cast who all make the most of their moments in the spotlight.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Any thoughts on the Ustinov Death on the Nile.

It’s only $5

Probably depends a lot on how much you enjoy this kind of classic/old-fashion, relatively bright, sunny and cheerful-ish, (moderately) hammy/fun-ish mystery. :lol: It does also take a bit of time to set up and get going.

I haven't seen the new remake yet, which runs a bit shorter, so can't really compare, but judging from reviews on RT, I suspect this one's somewhat better if you don't mind that older look and style (and possibly slower initial pacing) -- not sure of the new one, but this one is also a tad hammy as I indicated above, which you may or may not like. And as Matt just mentioned, it certainly has an excellent, all-star cast hamming it up a bit...

Interesting this current iTunes HD digital is coming from Shout Factory instead of Paramount (or Kino who released the BD couple years ago). Looks like it's probably a new offering that might have replaced the old one that Paramount(?) previously offered on iTunes IIRC -- the cover pic is different too. Maybe it's also a relatively new transfer struck from the same source as the pretty good looking Kino BD -- I was thinking to get the BD at some point...

_Man_

mark-edk

Second Unit
One of my favorite Christie adaptations. It was filmed on location; I believe the recent remake was mostly green screen stuff. I like 'Evil Under the Sun' even more but it can't match the sweep and sheen of 'Nile'.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Wasn’t it just several weeks ago some of us were freaking out about Monroe titles not being available to purchase?
Yes! And All About Eve is there now too.

This set was pulled and now it’s back. Many of the titles were still there when the 11 film set was pulled and All About Eve.

So strange!

I picked up the 11 film set.

Interesting that Bill Hunt commented in his podcast interview that studios do now look at digital sales of titles for potential 4k releases. Of course with fox Disney who knows though.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Yeah I mentioned a couple of posts back that all the Fox movies seem to be back on iTunes.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Not that I’ve seen anywhere.

Both versions are 4K with DV on Vudu.

Ony the Dir cut has 4K on iTunes.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
There have been a lot of $5 deals on excellent catalog titles lately. I already have most of them on BR though.

I picked up The Elephant Man and Old Henry, both 4K and $5.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Speed 4K is $4.99. Thoughts on digital vs. my old BD?

As much as its 4K disc would be nice, I'm almost done with discs. So much load time, warnings, physical space, etc.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

As much as its 4K disc would be nice, I'm almost done with discs. So much load time, warnings, physical space, etc.
I thought the 4K digital looked fine. I don't think I ever owned the BD, though -- just the DVD.

I picked up Volume 2 of Batman: The Animated Series for $9.99. I was hoping it would eventually come down to $4.99, which is what I paid for Volume 1. However, the other volumes have never dropped below $9.99 (according to Cheap Charts), so I decided to pick up the next volume in the set. I owned the DVDs at one time, but sold them off several years ago when I was paring down my disc collection.

Last edited:

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin

The old Blu-ray suffered from edge enhancement, and the 4K digital looks fantastic in comparison. No audio upgrade, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks