What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (2 Viewers)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
does the Star Trek iTunes digital set include any of the 50th box set documentaries?
Specifically Journey to the Silver screen which was only in the 50th set?

No, it’s just the ten individual films sold in one bundle - they include most of the 2009 BD supplements but nothing from the 2016 set’s bonus disc.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I just picked up The Dark Crystal in 4K for $5. I think I saw it 30 or more years ago, but I'm not sure. Pretty sure it'll make a nice diversion from reality.

On a whim, I decided to get Warm Bodies in 4K as well, because it occurred to me that I'm more than happy to spend $5 for 97 minutes of Teresa Palmer in Ultra High Definition.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Well, I won't be buying the 4K digital for either "Ford v Ferrari" or "Knives Out" as I got bought the 4K discs during Target's "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" sale. Unfortunately, "1917" wasn't part of that sale so I have to wait for another disc sale.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Well, I won't be buying the 4K digital for either "Ford v Ferrari" or "Knives Out" as I got bought the 4K discs during Target's "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" sale. Unfortunately, "1917" wasn't part of that sale so I have to wait for another disc sale.

Tempted to do that, but my Target is like a war zone right now. You have to wait in a little pen area outside just to be let in :(

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Another incredible drop in deals this morning.

Many titles have been on the Twilight Time label.

Looking for recommendations from you guys but thus far I am buying...

THE JAZZ SINGER (1980) (Never been on Blu-ray)
THE APARTMENT (have never seen this and it has been on my wish list)
SHUTTER ISLAND: The 4k is $4.99 can't pass this up. Have seen this
AMERICAN PSYCHO: Never seen this and the 4k is $4.99
SILENCE OF THE LAMBS: In 4k. Will really consider this one

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Another incredible drop in deals this morning.

Many titles have been on the Twilight Time label.

THE JAZZ SINGER (1980) (Never been on Blu-ray)
THE APARTMENT (have never seen this and it has been on my wish list)
SHUTTER ISLAND: The 4k is $4.99 can't pass this up. Have seen this
AMERICAN PSYCHO: Never seen this and the 4k is $4.99
SILENCE OF THE LAMBS: In 4k. Will really consider this one
Slim pickings for Crawdaddy which tells me I bought enough titles for my digital library. Anyhow, I did purchase three British WWII movies yesterday from iTunes.:) As to your selections I have three of them on digital except "The Apartment" which I have the fine Arrow Blu-ray and "American Psycho" which I've seen once and will never watch it again. I think "Shutter Island" looks great in 4K and that's a bargain price. The same with "Silence of the Lambs".

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Slim pickings for Crawdaddy which tells me I bought enough titles for my digital library. Anyhow, I did purchase three British WWII movies yesterday from iTunes.:) As to your selections I have three of them on digital except "The Apartment" which I have the fine Arrow Blu-ray and "American Psycho" which I've seen once and will never watch it again. I think "Shutter Island" looks great in 4K and that's a bargain price. The same with "Silence of the Lambs".

American Psycho seems to be hesitant buy for me. So many mixed recommendations on whether I should buy or not. It's only $5 so it's not the money but rather I could it towards another selection.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Word of caution, do not buy that "Spartacus" HD digital for $4.99 thinking you might get a free upgrade to 4K from iTunes. The poster art that Bill Hunt posted doesn't indicate it will be available digitally.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
American Psycho seems to be hesitant buy for me. So many mixed recommendations on whether I should buy or not. It's only $5 so it's not the money but rather I could it towards another selection.
The movie works for some people as I know it has its fans, but it didn't work for me. Different strokes for different folks.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Robert,

Is CHISUM any good? Never saw that one.

I have really enjoyed the John Wayne movies you have recommended, however, up to now I hesitated to say that I really did not like 3 GODFATHERS and I know that will not be a popular opinion. It could have been one of John Wayne's best movies and I was really enjoying it until it became "Three Men and a Baby." It also got a bit religious, which fits into the mold of the era, but I found a bit too heavy-handed.

Basically, that's the only John Wayne movie I have seen so far that I didn't enjoy.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick

Ace in the Hole
All About Eve
The Apartment
Doctor Zhivago
Dog Day Afternoon
East of Eden
The Magnificent Seven
Marty
Night of the Hunter
Patton
The Philadelphia Story
Raging Bull
Rebel Without a Cause
Sunset Boulevard
The Third Man

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I picked up Knives Out (a blind buy) and 1984 (have seen it a couple times but never owned it) from today's sale. I was tempted to get Knives Out on disc via the Target B2G1 sale, but resisted that urge - - I try to avoid blind buys on disc these days.

As for American Psycho, I enjoyed the film for what it was (a very dark comedy) the one time I watched it. I doubt I will re-watch it much, but for $5 for a 4K version I got my money's worth.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks