What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (4 Viewers)

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Warner titles for $6.99 and up. This is a legit site, owned by Warner, and all titles are MA eligible.

A word of warning, though. Whoever designed the individual sale item pages must hate his/her job, using bright yellow text against a white background for the movie title and price. :emoji_sunglasses:

upload_2020-4-3_11-52-45.png

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Screen cap of original e-mail message:

And when they have Lionsgate titles on sale you get the same type of e-mail from Lionsgate.

Warner is one of the studios they partner with but I don't think they own them...

Last edited:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Just picked up Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home in HD for $4.99 and Sweet Home Alabama in HD for $7.99 on iTunes.

That’s correct, the director’s cut was created in the SD realm about twenty years ago.
Yes, The budget Paramount gave Robert Wise and his team was very limited, so they could only afford to render the new visual effects in standard definition.

I've often wondered whether the Director's Edition would have gotten an HD or even 4K upgrade when TNG was recreated in HD, had Paramount and CBS not been split into two separate companies.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Picked up the asphalt jungle for $4.99.
Looking forward to it. I had tried to get a used criterion Blu ray copy on eBay and hadn’t had any luck.

I have never seen the film and can’t wait to watch it tonight.

the Star Trek set is tempting if we know it will / could be upgraded if the films are 4k in the future?

I have all of the older films on blu ray. So I’ll pass for now.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
For those of you who are fans (and you know who you are!), iTunes has Sucker Punch Extended Cut in 4K available for $7.99 today.

was your comment a sucker punch?

ha! I’ve never seen this one but remember how it was as controversial as the last Jedi.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
For those of you who are fans (and you know who you are!), iTunes has Sucker Punch Extended Cut in 4K available for $7.99 today.
I would be one of those, and I'm not getting into another argument about the movie. It was on sale previously. It looks great.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I haven't gone bonkers on sale purchases, but did recently the get following titles in 4K for $5 each. Across the Universe, Evil Dead 1 & 2, Pan's Labyrinth, The Cabin in the Woods, La La Land.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks