What's new

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Kino’s new licensing deal with Disney is starting to pay off for fans of some of the Mouse House’s live action output from the 1990s. Deep Rising, Stephen Sommers cult favorite creature feature at sea finally gets some respect with a full-blown special edition.

Deep Rising (1998)

Released: 30 Jan 1998
Rated: R
Runtime: 106 min

Director: Stephen Sommers
Genre: Action, Adventure, Horror

Cast: Treat Williams, Famke Janssen, Anthony Heald, Kevin J. O'Connor
Writer(s): Stephen Sommers

Plot: A group of heavily armed hijackers board a luxury ocean liner in the South Pacific Ocean to loot it, only to do battle with a series of large-sized, tentacled, man-eating sea creatures who have taken over the ship first.

IMDB rating: 6.0
MetaScore: N/A

Disc...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Glad to hear this is a nice upgrade. I have the Mill Creek blu but hadn't got to watch it yet. The last time I watched this film was the old DVD. Looking forward to hopefully including this in my Scary Movie marathon next month.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I recently watched this for the first time on the double-bill disc with The Puppet Masters and enjoyed the film. I do have to take issue with your criticism of Kevin O’Conner. As I’m watching the film, I was bothered a little by him because I kept wondering why he was familiar and then I remembered he’s Benny from The Mummy. I enjoyed him in that film and thought it was a mistake to kill off the character and I missed him in the sequels.

Anyway, I thought he was fine in this film. Considering all the extras, looks like I have to buy this release too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks