What's new

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
Gerard Butler plays a hardened undercover operative on the run in Pakistan in Kandahar(2023).

Kandahar (2023)

Released: 26 May 2023
Rated: R
Runtime: 119 min

Director: Ric Roman Waugh
Genre: Action, Thriller

Cast: Tom Rhys Harries, Farhad Bagheri, Gerard Butler
Writer(s): Mitchell LaFortune

Plot: A CIA operative and his translator flee from special forces in Afghanistan after exposing a covert mission.

IMDB rating: 6.0
MetaScore: 52

Disc Information

Studio: Universal
Distributed By: N/A
Video Resolution: 1080P/AVC

Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
Audio: English 5.1 DTS-HDMA, English DVS 2.0

Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish
Rating: R...

Continue reading...

pkerseydw

Auditioning
Real Name
Paul K
Thanks for this review. Very disappointing to hear about the black crush. I just don’t know how that doesn’t get solved prior to release. Although I’m not holding out any great hope that the 4K release coming from Leonine Films would be much better.

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
Thanks for this review. Very disappointing to hear about the black crush. I just don’t know how that doesn’t get solved prior to release. Although I’m not holding out any great hope that the 4K release coming from Leonine Films would be much better.
The pervasive banding that is visible in dark scenes on this blu-ray may be attributable to authoring of the disc. It is possible that the 4K release will not have these issues, so I would reserve judgment on the 4K disc until after it is released.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks