What's new

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Buzz Kulik’s Warning Shot is a crime thriller that’s too slowly paced for its own good but has survived the decades since its release with its mystery and star power intact.

Warning Shot (1967)

Released: 18 Jan 1967
Rated: Not Rated
Runtime: 100 min

Director: Buzz Kulik
Genre: Crime, Mystery, Thriller

Cast: David Janssen, Ed Begley, Keenan Wynn
Writer(s): Whit Masterson, Mann Rubin

Plot: During a stakeout, an L.A. cop kills a doctor who presumably pulled a gun but the coroner's inquest finds no gun, forcing the cop to look for it to clear his name.

IMDB rating: 6.7
MetaScore: N/A

Disc Information

Studio: Paramount
Distributed By: Kino Lorber
Video Resolution: 1080P/AVC...

Continue reading...

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I saw this film when it first came out but didn't know until now that it was originally intended as a TV product. I'm very pleased that this disc presents the film so well. I'll place my order immediately!

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
I've streamed this in HD twice, about five years ago and recently because of this new release. It's slow paced but the story and star power counter the TV pacing. Picture & sound quality are excellent. It's time I purchased this movie, hopefully at the next WB sale?

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Thanks Matt, I appreciate the review. I've always liked David Janssen, his Harry O series (which I have all) is in need of a facelift and BD upgrade as well!! Even in his the Fugitive series he was able to keep your attention.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
My problem with the film is that the way Janssen manhandles all the exonerating evidence at the end, he's not exactly going to get himself off the hook as easy as he thinks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks