Dear Fox...PRETTY POISON, please!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dick, Mar 4, 2003.

1. Dick

Dick Producer
    Supporter

Rick
    A quirky, incredibly involving little crime film with a neat twist ending, starring Anthony Perkins and Tuesday Weld (at the time about as beautiful as a human being can get). No show on laser and so far DVD. PLEASE RELEASE!

2. Bruce Morrison

Bruce Morrison Supporting Actor

I too would like Pretty Poison to be released on DVD - but I thought it was owned by Fox. Can anyone confirm the ownership?

3. Jay E

Jay E Cinematographer

Add my vote to a DVD release of this cult classic, however I'm also unsure who owns the rights.

4. Jon Hertzberg

Jon Hertzberg Screenwriter

Jonathan
    Yes, put me on this bandwagon as well. I'm also fairly positive that it is Fox who owns this title. The film has yet to appear on any form of video, stateside--can't speak for other territories. It has shown on Encore's Mystery channel on occasion.

The film remains ahead of its time with Perkins and Weld giving two of the best performances of their careers.

What happened to the career of director Noel Black? I mean
    Private School is quite a fine guilty pleasure and a trashy one at that. But it is not a film that would seem to fit the filmography of someone responsible for as fine a film as Pretty Poison.

Jon

5. Dick

Dick Producer
    Supporter

Rick
    I think you are absolutely right - it IS a Fox title. Messed up there. Sorry.