What's new

DC on The CW 2018-19 Crossover Event: "Elseworlds" (December 9-11 2018) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Arrow Season 7 thread
The Flash Season 5 thread
Supergirl Season 4 thread

DCTV-Crossover_2018_Winter_001.jpg

The fifth annual "Arrowverse" crossover event will span "Arrow", "The Flash" and "Supergirl" and take us to Gotham City for the first time, where we'll meet Kate Kane, secretly the masked vigilante known as Batwoman.

Ruby Rose ("Orange is the New Black", xXx: Return of Xander Cage, John Wick: Chapter 2, The Meg) will play Kane.

The crossover event will be written by Caroline Dries ("Smallville", "The Vampire Diaries"), who would serve as showrunner should The CW decide to move foward with a "Batwoman" TV series.

No word yet on whether the character will reside on Earth-1 (home to the Green Arrow and The Flash) or Earth-38 (home to Supergirl, the Martian Manhunter, and Superman).

Unlike "Supergirl", where Superman is mentioned frequently and appears occasionally, the crossover event will not acknowledge the existence of Batman.

"Legends of Tomorrow" will not be one of the participating shows in this year's crossover event.

The CW said:
Armed with a passion for social justice and a flair for speaking her mind, Kate Kane soars onto the streets of Gotham as Batwoman, an out lesbian and highly trained street fighter primed to snuff out the failing city’s criminal resurgence. But don’t call her a hero yet. In a city desperate for a savior, Kate must overcome her own demons before embracing the call to be Gotham’s symbol of hope. Based on the characters from DC.

• Executive Producer/Writer: Caroline Dries
• Executive Producers: Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter, Geoff Johns
• Auspices: Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television

A unique and emerging talent quickly on the rise, Ruby Rose is an award-winning actress who challenges herself with each new role and continues to evolve with each project she takes on.

Rose garnered the attention of audiences for her breakout role as a series regular on Netflix’s hit show Orange Is the New Black. In June 2015, the actress made her debut in the third season of the show as “Stella Carlin”, an edgy inmate whose charisma catches the eye of “Piper” (Taylor Schilling). In 2016, Ruby won a Screen Actors Guild® Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series for her role on the show. In 2017 she was recently seen in a trio of actions films: Vin Diesel’s XXX: The Return of Xander Cage, the third installment in the extreme-spy franchise; opposite Milla Jovovich and Ali Larter, in Resident Evil; Final Chapter ; and in John Wick: Chapter Two, alongside Keanu Reeves, Common and Ian McShane, directed by Chad Stahelski and written by Derek Kolstad. She was also seen in Universal’s Pitch Perfect 3.

On August 10th, she can be seen in the Warner Bros. action film The Meg based on Steve Alten’s 1997 novel “Meg: A Novel of Deep Terror.” The Meg is centered on an international underwater observation program, led by Chinese scientists, that comes under attack by an unknown danger. With its deep-sea submersible disabled and trapped at the bottom of the Mariana Trench. Rose’s additional acting credits include the indie film Around the Block in which she starred alongside Christina Ricci, which debuted at the Toronto Film Festival in September 2013. Ruby also appears in Sheep’n’Wolves, an animated feature, which tells the story of a magical land where a flock of sheep find their carefree days interrupted by a pack of wolves who move to a nearby ravine.

In 2015 Rose also wrote, produced, and starred in the short film Break Free, a tribute to gender fluidity that became a viral hit, garnering more than 25 million views on YouTube.

A multi-hyphenate, Rose’s talent also extends across fashion and music. In 2016 she became the face of Urban Decay Cosmetics and in 2017 became the face of Swarovski jewelry and Nike.

Rose is a fervent supporter of many charities, including the causes closest to her heart, such as Anti Bullying, Women and Gay Rights, Animal Welfare and Youth Mental Health. Rose was most recently awarded with the Stephen F. Kolzak Award at the 2016 GLAAD Media Awards, which is presented to an LGBT media professional who has made a significant difference in promoting equality and acceptance.

She currently resides in Los Angeles.

DC on The CW teaser:

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if the Legends will make some reference to what is going on during the crossover in the episode the airs during crossover week. Since their show will air in the middle of the crossover, it would be odd if there is no reference. Perhaps since the crossover is the 9th instead of 8th episodes this year, Legends will have started their midwinter break and not air that week. That probably would be best.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if the Legends will make some reference to what is going on during the crossover in the episode the airs during crossover week. Since their show will air in the middle of the crossover, it would be odd if there is no reference. Perhaps since the crossover is the 9th instead of 8th episodes this year, Legends will have started their midwinter break and not air that week. That probably would be best.
From what I understand, the crossover this year is going to be more intimate stakes than the last couple, where the fate of Earth-1 was on the line, so it might be that the Legends aren't even aware of it.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Not everybody crosses over to other shows during the crossover. Many are featured only on their home show during the crossover. What I like alot last season was that the crossover seemed like one two hour movie and you couldn't tell which show you were watching , Barry, Iris, Ollie, and Felicity were married on the Legends episode with none of the Legends there. I hope that continues on the shorter crossover this year. I guess iI wonder if the shorter crossover and reduced episode count for all the shows is a sign of budget constraints rather than storytelling concerns and will there be other signs of this during the upcoming season.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Per TVLine:

The crossover will air Sunday, December 9th through Tuesday, December 11th. Due to the ordering of the story across the episodes, "The Flash" and "Supergirl" will swap timeslots, with "The Flash" airing on Sunday and "Supergirl" airing on Tuesday. The episodes comprising the crossover will be 5x09 of "The Flash", 7x09 of "Arrow", and 4x09 of "Supergirl".

If The CW does decide to move forward with a standalone "Batwoman" series, it would be for the 2019-20 TV season.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I have dropped all of the shows from my weekly regimen, but I will watch this crossover event all because of Tyler's return.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
This is the first thing that has got me excited about this year's crossover. They can go anywhere with this. Will this be related to the the headline we have seen since season 1 of the Flash, "The Flash vanishes in a Crisis".
Characters can die if they are other versions of the characters. Supergirl can die and they can recreate the famous Superman holding Supergirl's dead body . Superman can be in the trunks. They can all be from the same earth so you don't have to spend time explaining why Supergirl, Superman, and Lois lane are there. You also don't have to explain where all the actors who are not in the crossover are. You don't need to explain why the characters suddenly can leave what they are doing on their own shows to participate in the action of the crossover and then never mentioning what happened in the crossover once it is over.

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Oh Man. Checkout this poster. It will be an alternate reality apparently.

This year’s Arrowverse crossover event will air Sunday, Dec. 9 through Tuesday, Dec. 11, comprised of the ninth episodes of The Flash (airing on a special night), Arrow and Supergirl (airing on a special night). Guest stars include Ruby Rose (Orange Is the New Black) as Batwoman/Kate Kane, Tyler Hoechlin (reprising his role as Supergirl‘s Superman/Clark Kent), Elizabeth Tulloch (Grimm) as Lois Lane, Jeremy Davies (Lost) as Arkham Asylum doc John Deegan), LaMonica Garrett(Designated Survivor) as Mar Novu aka The Monitor and Cassandra Jean Amell as Mr. Freeze’s wife, Nora.

Sister series Legends of Tomorrow, meanwhile, is serving up a “crossover” episode of its own that week, not one to be left out of the fun.

Last edited:

tempest21

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
The problem I'm having is that the Flash mid-season finale always set up a potential cliff-hanger for the show's return. With Flash kicking off the event this time around, I hope that the CW will plan the 10th episode before the Winter break. I don't how it is with Legends and Arrow, but I would assume something similar.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
This latest set photo is a reveal that I wish had been kept secret until the crossover aired, it's so good. I'm putting it in spoiler tags so nobody gets inadvertently spoiled the way I did:
John Wesley Shipp in his Flash costume from the 1990 TV series!
DCTV-Crossover_2018_Winter_004.jpg
The problem I'm having is that the Flash mid-season finale always set up a potential cliff-hanger for the show's return. With Flash kicking off the event this time around, I hope that the CW will plan the 10th episode before the Winter break. I don't how it is with Legends and Arrow, but I would assume something similar.
The eighth episode of the season is the series's 100th episode, and will serve as the midseason finale. The crossover episode the following week is like a bonus episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks