What's new

Convert Component to RGB sync (1 Viewer)

Brent E

Auditioning
I am working on my first HT project. I have some electronics background, primarily in pro-audio, but I am lost in the video world. I have a Progressive Scan DVD player with Component, S video, and Video outputs. I have an Electrohome 3501 projector with RGB V & H sync inputs. I believe I need some sort of device to convert the signal. What are my options? The projector will display 1280 X 1024 pixels (1020 TV lines).

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
I could tell you to go spend USD $1000. and buy a "Lumagen Vision" de-interlacer-scaler unit and it will solve the problem.

Aside from that, the first thing you need is a 31.5 KHz double NTSC "colorspace transcoder" that converts the progresssive component video from your DVD player into RGBHV if neither the player nor the projector has a selection to match the other.

Next you need to find out what other A x B pixels the projector will accept, even though the projector may or may not convert all inputs to 1280 x 1024. Most data grade projectors accept 640 x 480 which theoretically works almost* perfectly with 480p component video.

* by "almost" I mean there may be idiosyncrasies such as timing errors in the horizontal retrace requiring tweaking,

Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks