What's new

Connecting Receiver to Additional Speakers (1 Viewer)

DustinDustin

Auditioning
Real Name
Dustin
I have a Sony 5.2 Receiver that I have hooked up to surround speakers in our living room. Our home is also wired to speakers in several other rooms. There is a "switch" in the living room that accepts a simple 2CH RCA (R and L) that then will route the sound to the whole house. I want to hook my reciever up to the surround speakers in the living room and the "switch" to get sound in the other rooms.

The problem is that I do not have any additional "outputs" in the receiver to run to the 2 CH switch. There is a single HDMI output (running to the TV), an unused sub output, and another video out. How do I get the sound to the 2CH "switch"? I considered getting an HDMI splitter and then a converter to convert the HDMI to 2 CH and then running that into the "switch" but there has to be an easier way? Can I just split the center speaker outputs and run that to the "switch" (I am afraid that won't capture all the sound - only the sound meant for the center speaker)? Anyway, any advice would be appreciated!!

Thanks.

citywalker

Agent
Real Name
Marco
Without pre-outs you need hdmi converter.
Can't use powered speakers outputs - this will damage your other equipment in the other end of rca.
And sound from center channel is, like you said, only fraction of all sounds.

DustinDustin

Auditioning
Real Name
Dustin
Without pre-outs you need hdmi converter.
Can't use powered speakers outputs - this will damage your other equipment in the other end of rca.
And sound from center channel is, like you said, only fraction of all sounds.

Thanks for the quick response! I also tried connecting to the headphone jack but there is no way to run the speakers and the headphones at the same time. Looks like I'll buy an HDMI splitter and converter. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks