What's new

Community Season 4 (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I thought the episode had its moments, but I agree something is off and that it's merely emulating what came before.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
Cameron Yee said:
I thought the episode had its moments, but I agree something is off and that it's merely emulating what came before.
That's a pretty good description. The Britta Troy thing just feels wrong and since everything is built off of that... well it's just off.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Alternative History of German Invasion has been the best episode of season 4. It actually felt like a real Community episode.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
It's funny how varied everyone's opinions all over the internet have been for season 4. I've read some reviews' comments sections where people have loved nearly every episode this season even. For me personally, I didn't like this episode very much. I smiled at the Hogan's Villains line, and a couple of other things, but there was nothing that was laugh-out loud funny. Of course, I thought the Germans thing was stupid the first time around, only barely redeemed by the schadenfreude joke. So drawing that out even more was even worse the second time.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
The most perplexing thing to me about this season is the complete lack of joshEH comments....very strange indeed

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
This Thursday we will be celebrating Thanksgiving. Synopsis:
The study group heads to Shirley's for a Bennett-filled thanksgiving, which is so awkward that they immediately begin plotting their escape. Meanwhile, Jeff heads to his estranged father William's house (guest star James Brolin), whom he hasn't seen since he was a child.

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
Originally Posted by JohnS
Alternative History of German Invasion has been the best episode of season 4.
It actually felt like a real Community episode.
I couldn't agree more. It was a nice return to what Community should be.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I thought last night's episode was decent, or maybe I'm just getting used to its new tone. The Britta and Troy thing is still jarring, especially coming at the end when for most of the episode they weren't even in the same room.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Even the Abed subplot was weird. I'm still not really liking much of this current season. I liked them better when the characters were more archetypes than "characters" with "real" personalities.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Patrick Sun said:
Even the Abed subplot was weird.
Honestly, I feel like they absolutely ruined Abed as a character. I mean, it makes sense, with presumably a lot of the character coming from Dan Harmon's (self-diagnosed at least) bit of Asperger's, but yeah Abed has just been entirely wrong all season.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Very good point. He seems much more on the fringe now, and really a caricature of his former self.

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
Anyone notice that in the opening, during Pelton's presentation of their need to land the "whale", when he gets to the Pierce slides, his voice completely changes tonal quality? It's as if they re-recorded something in a hurry and didn't bother to tone-match?

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I have not been happy at all about this season.Even the episode where Abed was starting the fraternity was a big 180 for the character and really made me hate the way his character was being handled.But I will say this for last nights episode, "Herstory of Dance" was an excellent episode.I LOVED Rachael the coat check girl and thought she was an awesome match for Abed.I even loved Abed going through with the double date TV scenario. Pierce was even tolerable. And loved his email line about it only being available on that computer and that the post office is going to close.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
And loved his email line about it only being available on that computer and that the post office is going to close.
I laughed at that, but then thought he might be right if he were using POP.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
I thought "Herstory of Dance" was much better than most seem to think. Good Britta moments, and she and Jeff bounce off each other much better than her and Troy. And, I enjoyed Abed's plan and the inclusion of Brie Larsen. Love me some Brie Larsen! Even Pierce had a meatier/less cliched role than usual. I also apparently missed out on the revolutionary sounds of Sophie B. Hawkins in my youth. I thought the whole thing was as fake as Let's potato chips!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I thought it was OK. My friend thought it was horrible.

The polarizing season continues!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks