What's new

Broadcast TV Legends of Tomorrow (Season 7) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The seventh season of the bonkers, timewarping DC ensemble series premiered tonight on The CW.

Season 1 thread
Season 2 thread
Season 3 thread
Season 4 thread
Season 5 thread
Season 6 thread

Due to the COVID-affected scheduling, this season premiere aired only five weeks after the sixth season finale, which felt pretty weird given that there have been mid-season hiatuses longer than that.

It's a pretty big shakeup of the show's format, too: With the Waverider blown up and the time courier out of batteries, the Legends are stuck in 1925. And, in true Legends fashion, they're already making a mess of things.

Right now, the show's only standing set is John Constantine's house, which exists in a pocket dimension accessible via an enchanted key.

The 100th episode airs in two weeks, and will apparently revisit the entire history of the show so far, with a number of returning faces.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
My daughter and I will watch it ASAP. How many eps this season?

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
the 100th episode will have some guest stars from prior seasons.

Legends100.jpg

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Tonight's 100th episode, directed by Caity Lotz and written by co-creator Phil Klemmer & first season writer Matthew Maala, was a wonderful celebration of this show and its fun, endearingly crazy energy. Given the restrictions from COVID-19, I'm thrilled that as many old cast members made the time to participate. And I think Franz Drameh is a better actor with his native accent; I liked Gideon's remembered version of Jax better than the actual Jax.

It looks like Gideon is both one of our heroes and the Big Bad for this season.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Beebo Saves Christmas on December 1.

This is not listed on my DVR as a Legends episode. So be sure to record it if you want the Beebo experience.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Beebo Saves Christmas on December 1.

This is not listed on my DVR as a Legends episode. So be sure to record it if you want the Beebo experience.

I missed this. TiVo didn’t get it. LoT is listed as on hiatus. Don’t know why they’d broadcast a special show and hide it from everyone.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I missed this. TiVo didn’t get it. LoT is listed as on hiatus. Don’t know why they’d broadcast a special show and hide it from everyone.
I believe for contractual/union reasons it was cheaper to make it as a separate thing than as a special episode of LoT.

If you don't mind sitting through a few commercials it's available to stream on the CW app.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I believe for contractual/union reasons it was cheaper to make it as a separate thing than as a special episode of LoT.

If you don't mind sitting through a few commercials it's available to stream on the CW app.
Good to know. Didn’t have CW app handy so hadn’t checked it yet.

LoT is so delightfully ridiculous, and knows it and leans into it hard, that it remains on our watch list. Even though we’ve stopped all other CW DC series, LoT keeps bringing us back. :)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'm really enjoying the current team lineup, and the way this season has switched up the show's formula.

I think Matt Ryan's new character is a better fit than John Constantine was, too. He brings some of the earnest decency that Ray Palmer used to add to the mix.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
After all of the DC shows over the years that have tried (and failed) to get the Powers That Be to let them use Booster Gold, I'm surprised this was the one that succeeded -- especially since the show hasn't been renewed yet.

Last week's episode felt a bit like a series finale, but then this week definitely laid the groundwork for another season, writing out one character and writing in another.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I’ve been perplexed if this was the final season. And with the penultimate episode it really seemed Legends was preparing to conclude — maybe by killing off its entire cast of characters. But then, in the final moments of the finale, it reverses course and hits us with another crazy cliffhanger!

I guess “Booster Gold” is a thing from the comics? I like the prospect of Donald Faison back on TV.

Guess we’ll see. Legends is such a kooky show. It’s the only DC show I’m still watching. But it makes for good dinner time viewing. Hopefully another season will appear this Winter.

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
I guess “Booster Gold” is a thing from the comics?

Yes. Rough summary: The guy was an unskilled museum guard in the 30th century (or thereabouts), who stole a powered suit from a display, and traveled back in time, with the idea of using it to get cheap fame and fortune. (Not by committing crimes in the past, but by playing a "hero" and constantly promoting and monetizing his brand.) I think he brought some sort of robot assistant (also stolen) back with him.

In the course of hanging around other people who were heroes, he got roped into actually doing some good. But in terms of character, he's no Bruce Wayne, Clark Kent, or Diana of Themiscyra. Even as part of the Justice League International, he was always looking for cheap ways to cash in, and the writers used that to play him for laughs.

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
Aside – One story (unrelated to Legends) that might lend itself to a good animated "short" on some future DCAU release is "The O Squad." Though it featured many heavy-hitters, it was nonetheless light and darkly humorous in tone.

This story involved only supervillains. The premise was that Starro (a giant starfish conquerer from outer space, and an old enemy of the Justice League) had convened a gathering of supervillains who met two criteria:

1. They shared a burning desire to rule the Earth over the smoldering remains of the much-hated Justice League, and
2. They had names that ended in the letter "O" (Starro, Sinestro, Chemo, etc.)

The meeting was going well until someone noticed that T. O. Morrow's name did NOT end with the letter "O". A huge fight ensued, and the villains rendered each other unconscious. Starro was the first to wake up, and said something to himself like "The O Squad; what was I thinking?" Just in time for the arrival of

Lobo

At that point, the story ended, leaving the rest to the reader's imagination.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Just watched the episode "The Fixed Point." One of my favorite episodes of the season. So many great concepts explored there. Looking forward to seeing how things wrap up in the next episodes.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Just watched the episode "The Fixed Point." One of my favorite episodes of the season. So many great concepts explored there. Looking forward to seeing how things wrap up in the next episodes.
I loved that episode too. And it was directed by former series regular Maisie Richardson-Sellers.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I loved that episode too. And it was directed by former series regular Maisie Richardson-Sellers.
I just saw her the last weekend of February. She mentioned that she had directed 2 episodes. I even asked her about the whole directing process.

Attachments

• P2260729.JPG
    P2260729.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 57
  • P2270864.JPG
    P2270864.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 61

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yes, I read of the cancellation with some regret. I haven't watched it in a season and a half, but those early seasons provided so much enjoyment.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
It had a great run, longer than anyone would have guessed. Cheers to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks