Pat & Mike
Roman Holiday

Second:

Three Amigos!
The Parent Trap (1961)
Diner
The Pink Panther
The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes

I'm unclear if we're talking about the 1943 or 1978 film.

Ric Bagoly

Senior HTF Member
Hi everyone! Had to work all day (unexpectedly), so I've been out of the loop.

ANNOUNCEMENT: THE NOMINATION PROCESS IS HALTED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE-I just need time to go thru the books and update everything, and it seems we've already blown thru 128, so let me go over everything and see what's what. Thanx a million for all the enthusiasm thus far!

ErikG

Senior HTF Member
I will also admit that I have been holding off on thirding some noms I think should be in because of the limited number of slots available.
Ditto.

The Comedy genre is huge. I hope the number of entrants is reconsidered also. :)

Ric Bagoly

Senior HTF Member
THE NOMINATION PROCESS IS NOW COMPLETE. After much thought, the cutoff point will remain 128, which means that Hunter P's Thirds in Post 132 were the last accepted. Why? Because in other tourneys, wild cards only seem to prolong the inevitable (1st Round Winners advance), and plus, it seems that everyone (except Kaplan :D ) has exhausted their supply of possible nominees. I'm not happy about Kentucky Fried Movie or 1941 getting shut out, but I DO take comfort that they had a fair chance along with everything else of making the cut. The Master List is being prepared and will be up in the main thread (ULTIMATE COMEDY TOURNAMENT-Jack, anyone?) I want to give a HUGE THANX and :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: to Chuck for going above and beyond the call of duty! You da man! And I want to also thank everyone (especially Kaplan :D :D ) for their enthusiasm, as I can promise you this Tourney will NOT disappoint! Get ready for Friday Night!

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I have no problem with cutting it off (even though I had approximately 208 more comedies to nominate :)) (I'm not kidding, despite the smilie), although I am kind of depressed at some of the films that didn't get in (e.g., A Hard Day's Night couldn't even get a second? :frowning: :frowning: ). Look forward to the tourney.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks