What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

ClassicFlix RARE TELEVISION Thread (2 Viewers)

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
We're hoping for an Aug/Sep release date for WOG. We'll know more in the next week or two.

- David
ClassicFlix Founder, Producer
Awesome!!
icon_e_yahoo.gif
Thank you!

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Great to hear about the provisional time frame for your release of World of Giants, David and ClassicFlix! Looking forward to getting it and 21 Beacon Street.

I know we talked about it before, you mentioned that you had inquired about it with the rightsholder in the past, and I know you have a lot on your plate already, but I do hope that sometime in the future you might acquire the 1957-58 Hal Roach Studios 13 episode sit-com Love that Jill. Two years after the Topper TV series, Anne Jeffreys and Robert Sterling are reunited as rival Madison Avenue model agency owners that can't quite get over each other, playfully flirting while trying to undercut each other's business and falling in love. Barbara Nichols and Jimmy Lydon also are regulars. There aren't any complete episodes to be found on Youtube, just opening and closing credits. I've seen a grand total of two episodes from beat-up 16mm film chain, and it's a very fun show! A few big guest stars too, like Chuck Connors and Gerald Mohr.

1684271980319.png

Thanks for all that you have in the pipeline!

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
Great to hear about the provisional time frame for your release of World of Giants, David and ClassicFlix! Looking forward to getting it and 21 Beacon Street.

I know we talked about it before, you mentioned that you had inquired about it with the rightsholder in the past, and I know you have a lot on your plate already, but I do hope that sometime in the future you might acquire the 1957-58 Hal Roach Studios 13 episode sit-com Love that Jill. Two years after the Topper TV series, Anne Jeffreys and Robert Sterling are reunited as rival Madison Avenue model agency owners that can't quite get over each other, playfully flirting while trying to undercut each other's business and falling in love. Barbara Nichols and Jimmy Lydon also are regulars. There aren't any complete episodes to be found on Youtube, just opening and closing credits. I've seen a grand total of two episodes from beat-up 16mm film chain, and it's a very fun show! A few big guest stars too, like Chuck Connors and Gerald Mohr.

View attachment 183971

Thanks for all that you have in the pipeline!

Yes, it's something we've wanted to do in the past, but the rights holder isn't interested—although I wouldn't rule it out in the future...

- David

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
Question, David, are there any other Public Defender episodes with original Phillip Morris cigarettes commercials in the complete series collection? Have seen such spots in the "Deep Ditch" episode, plus a Parliament cigarette ad. Could go ahead and check the menus of discs 4&5 of season two.

Last edited:

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
Question, David, are there any other Public Defender episodes with original Phillip Morris cigarettes commercials in the complete series collection? Have seen such spots in the "Deep Ditch" episode, plus a Parliament cigarette ad. Could go ahead and check the menus of discs 4&5.
We only included commercials for DEEP DITCH. None of the other episodes have commercials.

- David

actionsub

Agent
Real Name
Mike Stidham
Panic if it was Al Simon and McCadden which was George Burns' company should be with Sony
Another complication to that one is the fact that California National Productions was another partner in the show's production. CNP was a division of NBC Films. Ironically, I believe the CNP properties, at least the ones that aren't in public domain, are now owned by CBS...

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
Hey David, about the upcoming release of 21 Beacon Street the complete series, is there an animated closing logo for Filmways? You know the stretched out oval shaped globe where A Filmways would come up and a television presentation would be underneath. Many shows from the studio had it.

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
Hey David, about the upcoming release of 21 Beacon Street the complete series, is there an animated closing logo for Filmways? You know the stretched out oval shaped globe where A Filmways would come up and a television presentation would be underneath. Many shows from the studio had it.
Here's a screenshot of it. It is not animated.

fw.jpg

- David

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
I see that a most ambitious anthology series was produced by Roach, "Screen Directors Playhouse" aired for one season of 1955-56 on NBC. Might be a candidate for future DVD release. Some big name actors appeared in that series and there were some well known directors. John Wayne in Rookie of The Year directed by John Ford is the best known of the series.

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
I see that a most ambitious anthology series was produced by Roach, "Screen Directors Playhouse" aired for one season of 1955-56 on NBC. Might be a candidate for future DVD release. Some big name actors appeared in that series and there were some well known directors. John Wayne in Rookie of The Year directed by John Ford is the best known of the series.
Thanks for the suggestion, but it was released by Mill Creek 4 years ago.

- David

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
As some of ClassicFlix's great disc releases were originally produced there, I thought I'd post this photo of a nice memorial at the former site of Hal Roach Studios in Culver City...the photo shows Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy with Hal Roach himself, accepting their Oscar for the immortal 1932 short feature The Music Box...
1685854560135.png

Via Facebook, courtesy of author Chuck Harter.

Last edited:

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
We're hoping for an Aug/Sep release date for WOG. We'll know more in the next week or two.

- David
Hi David! I just cancelled my Amazon order for 21 Beacon Street - The Complete Series. I'll never be placing any orders with Amazon ever again. I won't get into the specifics about that here. What I wanted to know is if your World of Giants Pre-Order link will precede the June 27th 21 Beacon Street release date so I can order both together. Thanks!

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
Hi David! I just cancelled my Amazon order for 21 Beacon Street - The Complete Series. I'll never be placing any orders with Amazon ever again. I won't get into the specifics about that here. What I wanted to know is if your World of Giants Pre-Order link will precede the June 27th 21 Beacon Street release date so I can order both together. Thanks!
We likely won't announce WOG until later this month or early next month. It's looking like a September/October release date.

- David

Jay_Z_525

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
Hi David- I know it’s been mentioned in passing but is there any possibility that Classicflix would/could ever release either or both of Ann Sothern’s series? It’s been almost 40 years, but Nick at Nite had beautiful transfers.

The other series I’d love to see would be Topper- could this ever be an option?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks