What's new

ClassicFlix Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
I received an email today from ClassicFlix. Meet John Doe 4K UHD release has been Canceled. I just re-ordered the Bluray version. :dancing-banana-04: :biggrin: Coming on April 30th. Oh well. I'm sure the Bluray will look Excellent as usual from ClassicFlix ! ;) ........Thank You David. :D
poster-meet-john-doe.jpg

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I received an email today from ClassicFlix. Meet John Doe 4K UHD release has been Canceled. I just re-ordered the Bluray version. :dancing-banana-04: :biggrin: Coming on April 30th. Oh well. I'm sure the Bluray will look Excellent as usual from ClassicFlix ! ;) ........Thank You David. :D View attachment 213179
I also ordered the Blu Ray along with Our Town. Received my Season 2 of Abbott & Costello as well. Thanks, ClassicFlix!

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
Check out this clip we just posted from our restoration of THE COBBLER (1923), the 8th silent short produced in the Our Gang film series.

Scans on over 60 silent Our Gang shorts (of the surviving 88) have been performed to date and we continue to look for better material for at least half of the 60, plus additional material to fill in gaps of missing footage from the scans we already have.

The project has taken a lot longer than anticipated, but we expect our next release announcement to be for Volume 1 of the Our Gang silents. Included in the set will be:

PROD#, SHORT

# 1. Our Gang - (In most complete form)
# 2. Fire Fighters
# 3. Young Sherlocks (from 16mm Kodascope)
# 4. One Terrible Day
# 6. Saturday Morning
# 7. The Big Show! (from 35mm)
# 8. The Cobbler (from 35mm)
# 9. The Champeen! (from 16mm Kodascope)

ENJOY!

- David
ClassicFlix Founder, Producer

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
we expect our next release announcement to be for Volume 1 of the Our Gang silents.

This is really fantastic, David!

Suzanne Lloyd, granddaughter of Harold Lloyd, often has programs where she's shown his short films to grade school children. Someone had asked her if the kids were really interested in watching silent movies. She replied that one child had said to her, "I like the way that he texts to us." They were thinking of the title cards as texts, and I thought what a wonderful way to market things like this to youngsters, with something familiar to them nowadays!

brynmill

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
mark bale
Just wondered about whether Classicflix could acquire the RKO Shorts of Leon Errol & Edgar Kennedy. The BBC screened almost all the RKO library (features and short). I asked them (around 1980) how many shorts they would be showing, and they sent me a photocopy of their RKO Shorts catalogue (sadly I no longer have it), but it carried details such as 16mm or 35mm prints etc. Would be nice to see cleaned up versions of these two series. Any chance ?

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
Just wondered about whether Classicflix could acquire the RKO Shorts of Leon Errol & Edgar Kennedy. The BBC screened almost all the RKO library (features and short). I asked them (around 1980) how many shorts they would be showing, and they sent me a photocopy of their RKO Shorts catalogue (sadly I no longer have it), but it carried details such as 16mm or 35mm prints etc. Would be nice to see cleaned up versions of these two series. Any chance ?
We've actually been in talks with someone who has dozens of KENNEDY shorts on 16 (over 70 to be exact), many of which are PD. We were hoping to start the project last year, but hopefully we'll get to it later this year if the party is still agreeable.

- David

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
We've actually been in talks with someone who has dozens of KENNEDY shorts on 16 (over 70 to be exact), many of which are PD. We were hoping to start the project last year, but hopefully we'll get to it later this year if the party is still agreeable.

- David
I just love to hear the comments of those who are so deep into the subject matter of film. I think I know a lot, but I'm not proud, and some are clearly on a whole different level of connoisseurship.

brynmill

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
mark bale
I recorded almost all of them on VHS in the 80s but only a handful i managed to transfer to DVD-R. Have quite a number of Kennedy and Errol shorts. Very funny shorts. Would like to see them restored. Maybe the BBC knows what happened to the 35mm prints they held - where would the films have been sent to after screening?

Bought the Warner archive Mexican Spitfire set which i love watching, had hoped that Errol's other handful of starring comedies would have come out on DVD.

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
Our Anniversary Sale is on now!

FIRST TIME ON SALE

- Thornton Wilder's Our Town BD (1940) starring William Holden and Martha Scott and featuring Fay Bainter, Beulah Bondi, Thomas Mitchell, Guy Kibbee, Stuart Erwin, Frank Craven
- The Complete Hal Roach Streamliners Collection - All 22 streamliners in one collection for the first time.

LOWEST PRICE TO DATE

- Film Noir Blonde Ice (1948)
- Rare TV 21 Beacon Street - The Complete Series starring Dennis Morgan
- Blondie - The Complete 1957 Television Series starring Arthur Lake, Pamela Britton and Florenz Ames
- The O. Henry Playhouse - The Complete Series, Vol. 3 starring Thomas Mitchell

Sale ends April 30th.

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
David, any update on when the Hoppys might be coming?
No. Sales have been generally very slow so we've had to slow down our schedule.

After we announce RASCALS SILENTS, VOL. 1, we have at least a dozen other titles that we could get ready rather quickly. Contenders are ANGEL (Vol. 1), HOPPY (Vol. 1) or THE PROUD REBEL to go next.

- David

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

After we announce RASCALS SILENTS, VOL. 1, we have at least a dozen other titles that we could get ready rather quickly. Contenders are ANGEL (Vol. 1), HOPPY (Vol. 1) or THE PROUD REBEL to go next.

- David

Thanks, David. All three are worthy, but if my vote helps I’d like to see the Hoppys next. :D

Gary “hoping sales pick up - you folk are the best in my book” O.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin

- David
I'd buy The Proud Rebel immediately.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks