What's new

Chuck season 2 (2 Viewers)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

Yeah I DL thefirst show last week from Itunes, other than the obligatory
1st season recap it was good, too bad this Big bang and Sarah Conner is all fighting for the same audience.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I thought it was real good. All the fun and charm was back on display. One of the biggest concerns turned out to not be a big deal: Sarah out of the weiner place? Out of that wonderful costume? The intro to her new job with the ice cream allayed those fears. :D

Two issues: early on, there were a couple of moments where the dialogue was mixed too low under the score. I had to strain to hear what was going on. Also, the cage match joke kind of bombed out. Even on a show like Chuck with big, zany spy stuff happening, it felt like too much. Didn't ring true.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

I don't know if the idea is to have the two sales guys fight, choosing Thunderdome as inspiration seems natural for these guys

Joe_H

Screenwriter
One pretty funny thing I just noticed in the background behind the store. Also in the same plaza is a "Underwear etc."

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I really enjoyed the premiere despite some weaknesses. Chuck facing off against MDC, throwing himself into his Charles Carmichael persona was great; taking it to the next level by calling Morgan to "confirm" the support team was hilarious!

The plotting had some sloppiness, in particular not having enough dramatic tension in how to keep Chuck alive. It also sacrificed some believability for action: why was MDC's character holding Chuck upside down, twice!, to get the cipher instead of simply taking it from him? Why didn't Sarah simply shoot MDC rather than risking the fight with him? And why did Casey wait until the next day at the Buy More to bandage his wound instead of using some super-kit in his apartment the night of?

Regardless, this is a favorite for me and I'm glad to have it back. The furtherance and suppression of Chuck & Sarah's relationship was well done. Casey remains an amusingly nuanced character. And the balance between goofy and serious is right on.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I got a big chuckle in the scene after Chuck saw Capt. Awesome in the shower and was sitting there at the breakfast table eating a cereal called "Nuts and More"

Then he turned to the Capt. and told him he should be proud. LOL

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I liked Chuck's confidence when surrounded by all the government people, and MDC saying, "Your boss is good!"

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow

I guess someone on the writing staff is a Spies Like Us fan.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
(Chevy Chase and Dan Aykroyd played Emmett Fitzhume and Austin Milbarge, respectively.) Plus there was a GLG20 reference in a previous episode as well.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was a great episode. I, too, don't like that there are three good shows in that time-frame and I can only watch or record two of them.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
His name is Michael Clarke Duncan, not....

The first time, I can buy that he's curious who Chuck is.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Ugh. Bryce needs to die (really, really die) or go undercover forever NOW. I hate his fucking guts.

Or he just needs to break up with Sarah. You know, whatever...:P

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
The problem is him going under the covers ....

I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Chuck unclasping the cypher behind her back was a great surprise in the episode.

Neil

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I don't have much to say about this episode, but it was great as usual. And, yeah, the Sarah entrance was awesome. Every episode can start that way as far as I'm concerned.

Hope we see Roan again.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Yeah, definitely another good episode, but I do think they're overdoing the whole Bryce thing just a bit.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Word is that the actor playing just signed on to his own series so this may be the last we see of him for awhile.

Damn Sarah looked smoking in her Orange,Orange outfit. Right down to her Chuck footwear. Laroquette was great. Loved Lester and the Wheel of Pain.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
That's far too much to type for one name
and I couldn't recall his character's name.

Another fun episode. I was torn on Morgan giving Cpt. Awesome advice on Ellie. I so wanted Morgan to be right, but it would have been so wrong if he was. I think the writers chose the best course there.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
My point was it's MCD, not MDC

And yes, boo to Bryce. Of course, it's early in the season, so there will be stupid obstacles.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks