1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Chuck season 2

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by NeilO, Aug 28, 2008.

1. NeilO

NeilO Producer

Anna Wu was cool and then Casey recommending her for field work was cute. Still, I didn't like the whole Giants sequence. What they should have done was just have Strahan arrested for trespassing and/or assault. It wouldn't have been as amusing, but I would have preferred that.

Regarding the break-up - that was handled very well.

Neil

2. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

I think its time Chuck got some weapons or at least hand to hand combat training.

3. Scott-S

Scott-S Cinematographer
    Supporter

Scott
    I agree. He is a "tech head". I am sure he could come up with some gadgets to help him out of some situations.

The first season he was smart enough to disarm a bomb. This season they seem to have dropped his tech abilities.

4. SDRANGER619

SDRANGER619 Stunt Coordinator

Edgar
    I hope Strahan makes more appearances! He's a natural.

5. Zack Gibbs

Zack Gibbs Screenwriter

Chuck needs to make the (inevitable) choice to become a trained operative, and the show needs to continue to evolve. If they spend the rest of the season, much more the rest of the series, just trying to maintain the status quo like so many shows do, then everything that's so great about the show will turn to shit.

6. Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma Producer

Lou Sytsma
    You should get your wish. One of the creative partners said Chuck will make a major shift in the second half of this season.

7. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    They have to find a way to let Chuck grow while keeping the Buy More and Ellie and Awesome in the mix. They are essential. I really loved the way those two were looking out for Chuck last night. Great stuff.

8. Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma Producer

Lou Sytsma
    Greg that will happen with the upcoming Jill trilogy - Ellie and Morgan are really worried about her breaking up Chuck and Sarah.

9. Mark C.

Mark C. Supporting Actor

I'd actually like to see less of Ellie and Awesome. Have Chuck move out on his own, or have Morgan as his roommate. IMO there are too many characters, leading to a scatter-shot approach. Occasional Ellie and Awesome (every other episode, every two episodes) would be an improvement.

10. Zack Gibbs

Zack Gibbs Screenwriter

The Buy More was great last season when it actually involved Chuck. This season it has all been B plot material that has no relation to Chuck or his cover as a spy. [​IMG]

11. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    Chuck vs. The Break-up

I LOVED this episode.

I love it how the Buy More staff uses the cage for all of their fighting situations.

As soon as Bryce was about to say goodbye to Chuck and left those sunglasses near the front of the apartment area, I knew there was something on those sunglasses.
    Chuck is now upgraded to 2.0 [​IMG]

I also really loved the breakup scene between Chuck and Sarah.
    Very real and a little sad.

and I think this is the first time in a long while that we got an "awesome" from Devan(Captain Awesome)

And I actually thought that when Casey called to do a background check on Anna Wu, that he was going to get some interesting info on her.
    I wondering if we going to see something involving her background or family involving the intersect.

This show is getting better and better

12. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

Dave
    Enjoyed the episode. It addressed a nagging concern of mine: The Intersect is increasingly outdated, so how long can it go on?

Chuck breaking up with Sarah was beautiful, and reminded what I love about this show: It is an irony free show. Such a scene -- emotionally honest and direct -- would not have been in Buffy (a favorite, built on irony). But Chuck follows a fresh path after years of dark, sardonic, emotionally tormented action: it wears its heart on its sleeve and pulls it off without any snarky winks to the audience.

13. Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma Producer

Lou Sytsma
    Agreed Dave. Its a ray of sunshine amidst all the dark and dreary series that are currently on.

14. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    And, interestingly enough, it reveals how artificial that stuff is. I know most here like Buffy a lot, but I never liked Whedon's writing because of that smug snarkiness. He's had a lot of influence on the entertainment industry, so just pulling back from that is making this something different.

15. mattCR

mattCR Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt

See, I guess I must be in the wrong. I thought the seen was really cloying in that it just felt so forced to me, though it did address something I've thought for a while, that Chuck needs a different interest then one that can't go anywhere.

There is one concern I've had with the whole concept that they've never addressed, and that's this one - why isn't Chuck getting paid by the government? I mean, we assume Casey and Sarah are getting government payroll. But Chuck puts his life at risk and so far, we aren't seeing him get any reward of any sort.

You'd think counting his Buy More income, he'd do well enough to move out on his own. More then that, if he is in all these high risk situations that he worries he and Sarah won't make it, that he'd be aware that it endangers the life of his sister and he'd move out for that reason alone.

16. SDRANGER619

SDRANGER619 Stunt Coordinator

Edgar
    Gosh overthinking the story a bit ehh?

17. mattCR

mattCR Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt
    What, about why isn't Chuck being paid? I mean at least enough that his second job would get him out of the house? If you were Chuck, isn't one of the first questions you'd ask: "Hey, why am I putting my life at risk daily for no benefit."

I think there was an episode in Season 1 where he worried about the safety of his sister because of his second, non paying job [​IMG]

18. Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma Producer

Lou Sytsma
    Its one of those things you have to go with.

19. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

I have no beef with the paycheck. But, my concern was why would the govt want to kill him when the intersect is fixed?
    -He is a good backup if something happens.
    -Eventually, his brain info will be obsolete.
    -And he is a good mobile intersect. How many times was he just walking into a building and flashed on something out of the blue? Could a stationary computer do that?

These are questions that need to be asked.

20. NeilO

NeilO Producer

Worse than that, they wanted to kill him before they had even tested the new intersect. Yes, it set up some dramatic tension, but it was stupid. In any case, I hope that they don't go this route next time.