What's new

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
Today, Cause for Alarm! Although he was born in Los Angeles, Tay Garnett would enter Hollywood’s growing film industry in 1920 after serving with the United States Navy as an aviator during WWI. Initially breaking in as a screenwriter, Garnett ascended to the director’s chair in 1928 for Pathé Exchange (just prior to the former American branch of the famed French movie brand being merged to form RKO Radio Pictures); over the next several years, Garnett would leap from studio to studio, churning out notable films like One Way Passage (1932), China Seas (1935), Eternally Yours (1939), Seven Sinners (1940), Bataan (1943) and The Postman Always Rings Twice (1946). In the 1950’s, he would return to MGM – where he had some of his most notable successes – and the film noir genre with Cause for Alarm! Long a staple of the public domain home video market, ClassicFlix has given the movie a brand new restoration and debut on Blu-ray.

Cause for Alarm! (1951)...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeff Fearnside

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff Fearnside
Thanks, Mychal! You just cost me some money, but in a good way. Your review sold me on this so well, I had to order this. After all, you can't go wrong with Loretta Young!

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Terrific review, Mycha. I have Cause for Alarm and Meet John Doe in my Classicflix cart. I was on the fence about Cause for Alarm, but your review has persuaded me to purchase it.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Has anyone who bought this movie noticed a mastering error in the scene where Ellen is talking to Grahame? I'm wondering if it's just on the DVD copy I received or all copies including bluray. It becomes pixelated and the sound continues even though the screen has the pixelation. It only happens that one time at 15:46 mark.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks