What's new

Captain Marvel (2019) (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
This is making the rounds on Twitter, introducing a new catchphrase.
D14quObW0AERcGA.jpg:large

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Nice language in front of their child. Hope they're ready for the first time the daughter disagrees with her father and pulls out that line.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Nice language in front of their child. Hope they're ready for the first time the daughter disagrees with her father and pulls out that line.
Yeah, I agree. I hope that she doesn’t condescendingly refer to a female super hero as a little princess. That would be bad.

Traveling Matt

Supporting Actor
Finally saw it tonight and loved Stan Lee not only in the Marvel signature but his actual cameo which, because of the timing and interplay with Carol, felt like more than the usual wink. I almost wish it were his last cameo because it was perfect. I assume it's not.

As for the movie, well... I liked Brie Larson. She's got great charisma and an easy way about her that feels different from the usual heroine. I'm on board with her and hope they give her more opportunities to be both funny and more comfortable with herself. I also like how much Nick Fury we got.

I'm not so on board with the movie itself though. For an origin story it didn't really feel like we got Carol's. It started in the middle of the story (sorta? I think?) which is frustrating, and then did loop-de-loops for a while after. It never got back to the beginning to show who she was and what her life was like as a human before the Kree incident. Flashbacks and photos aren't enough, sorry.

There were other holes which is to be expected nowadays I suppose,
but the biggest was her "comeback" moment when she removes her neck chip and can go full tilt. I'm not sure what that did for her or how, but if they started at the beginning and did things chronologically they would have given themselves a fair chance at explaining it. The biggest emotional moment of the film should not be hazy.

Hoping story is better served in End Game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Finally saw it tonight and loved Stan Lee not only in the Marvel signature but his actual cameo which, because of the timing and interplay with Carol, felt like more than the usual wink. I almost wish it were his last cameo because it was perfect. I assume it's not.

Yes, they said they changed it and reshot Carol’s reaction to him to make it more of a moment after he passed.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Now a guy is a misogynist if they call a fictional female superhero a "Princess". FFS. :rolleyes:
Like Jimmy said, can we please not do this again. I rather you talk about your thoughts on the movie and what you think about the character Captain Marvel.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Finally watched Captain Marvel. I was tempted to see it in ScreenX, 3D, 4DX or SuperScreen but finally opted for old fashioned 2D and a reasonably big screen. I enjoyed the film, not among the top tier Marvel epics IMO. It needed a touch of romance and dare I say it - sex! Wonder Woman beats this movie on both counts. My score 3.5 out of 5.

Might have been better if Danvers had a 'closer' relationship with Jude Law's character, his betrayal would have more impact, and she might even 'turn' him in the sequel. Come on an attractive girl like that, no boyfriends on Earth or Kree? ;)

One question for the experts -

Unless I missed something Nick Fury gets scratched by the alien cat and that's how he loses his eye? He even laughs it off and keeps the cat hanging around his office. :eek:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
My only question about that is it didn’t seem like he went to any doctor to have it checked.
Looked like some bandage he made himself on there.

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
Upcoming scene in EndGame:

Film winds down. They are victorious. Fury meets Thor again.

Fury: Hey Thor, good to see you again. How come your eyes are different colors?
Thor: I lost my eye to Hela on Asgard. But I got a new one.
Fury: What?? Where did you get that?
Thor: (points to Rocket) from the sweet rabbit here.
Fury: Motherf...

Atari

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Edward
Finally saw the film last night in Imax 2D. I enjoyed it, but found it a little slow and disjointed. I rarely get to excited about origin stories. I liked Brie in the title role and hope her future outings give her the opportunity to be less serious and have more fun. It was good to have so much Nick Fury and the cat was one of my favorites. He should have had that scratch looked at before it got infected.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks