What's new

Can things get any worse? (1 Viewer)

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Well, today was another crappy day. I am sure many of you know about my failed marriage from this thread. Today when I got home from work I found out that my room mate, who is also my best friend, fell at work today and is in bad shape. He is an Iron Worker and I guess he wasn't feeling well today. They think he passed out and he then fell 15 feet face 1st. He has three skull fractures, a broken nose, both his cheeks are shattered and they will not support his eye sockets, and he has some bleeding on the brain.
He is going to have brain surgery in just a bit and most likely some reconstructive surgery on his face as well. The worst part about it is his brother, who is also an Iron Worker, just came back to work three days after being off for almost a year because he fell. His brother happened to be working with him and he is in bad shape too. When he saw him on the ground he wasn't sure if he was dead because he wasn't moving and he had to open his mouth to get an airway open.
It sucks because I can't go see him until tomorrow becasue only immediate family are allowed now.
I just want to say thanks to everyone who have gave me support and advice in this down time in my life and I hope that some of you good folks can say a prayer for my friend, his name is Brian and he is one damn great person.
Thanks for listening.
-Dean-

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Dean, we all wish your roommate the best of luck! And just hang in there, the "storm" has to eventually pass!

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Damn Dean, your luck seem's almost as bad as mine, I will say a prayer for you and your roommate, I hope everything will be OK.

Steve Zatkoff

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry to hear about your friend. A friend of mine who was a carpenter fell off of scaffolding last Friday and broke his neck. He passed away last Tuesday. I hope your friend recovers.

Best wishes,

Steve

Brian Mansure

Second Unit
Dean,

Sorry To hear about your roomates fall.

When you do get a chance to visit, let him know the HTF members are also praying and wishing him a speedy and healthy recovery.

And remember to keep your spirits up, as this will not only help yourself but him as well.

May God see you through with everything you're going through at this time.

Sincerely,

Brian

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Dean, I'm truly sorry to hear about your friend.

I sincerely hope he will have a complete recovery. At least he is certainly better off having such a good friend by his side.

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Here is an update:

I can't go see him until tomorrow because they put off his surgery until today. The great thing was, after several more tests, they found that he didn't have bleeding on the brain, but it was his right sinus cavity puhing into his brain. They are going to fix that today and probablly do some reconstructive surgery as well. From what the doctors said, it sounds like a pretty standard procedure but it is a long and tedious one. I also found out that every single bone in his face is broken. I really feel bad for him and his family.

When I was calling all of our friends up yesterday, all of them kept saying "Thank God you are there!" I was just like "I guess?" After awhile I started thinking and realized that things really do happen for a reason. If I was still married, I wouldn't be living here to help out my best friend. It is weird how life works and I am very happy that things sound a lot better than they did yesterday.

Thanks for the prayers everyone, it sounds like he is almost out of the woods.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks