What's new

Epson 4010 video issue (specks, flickering, etc.) (1 Viewer)

neonpizza

Auditioning
Real Name
Neon
Hi all,

I searched around a bit for this issue in the forums, but I couldn't find anything exactly the same.

I have an Epson 4010, purchased in Nov 2019. It's worked flawlessly until about a month ago.

The issue is hard to describe, so I included a short video. The video doesn't really capture all the details, but you do see the flickering. In addition to that, here is what else happens:
1) First you see very subtle flickering
2) Then you can see dots appear. It shows up in the video and is easiest to see in a dark scene.
3) The flickering starts to get gradually worse and sometimes it will turn off the display altogether
4) Finally, the image just doesn't show up anymore

A few things I noticed:
- Bulb has a healthy amount of hours left. I think I'm only at 1500
- This only starts to happen once it warms up a bit, maybe after 10-15 min. Before that, it works perfect. (this particular observation worries me, as that usually isn't a good sign)
- It has nothing to do with the video source. When it flickers, it's any image. I can be in the menu and it will filcker.
- The projector doesn't actually shut off, I just don't see an image at some point.

I contacted Epson and unfortunately I'm 7 mos out of warranty, so basically out of luck. I'm really hoping this is not anything serious like a bad board or something costly. But based on the behavior, it makes me think it is serious.

Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks