What's new

Bravia XBR-75X900F Issues (2 Viewers)

Ferris209

Auditioning
I am at my wits end here guys.

I own a Sony Bravia XBR-75X900F which I bought in February of 2019 from BH Photo. It has worked flawlessly since up until July 15th when I was playing my PS5 (Jedi Survivor) and it suddenly went blank, I heard the "tick" noise from inside like when the TV shuts off and I noticed the indicator light was blinking four times in a row. I researched on the internet and learned this may indicate an issue with the backlight inverter board or power supply board. When I would push the power button, the screen would come on and I would see the Android Marshmallow animated logo playing, this would stay on for about 5 second then the tv would shut back down to the red light blinking. I troubleshot it by unplugging everything, leaving it unplugged for 10 mins and plugging it in a couple of times and the issue persisted.

I removed the tv from my stand, opened up the back and inspected the two boards labeled Sony Part #147471311 and Sony Part #147471111, I did not see any bulging or deformed capacitors nor did anything else stand out. Upon searching the internet for the Part #'s, I stumbled upon tvpartstoday.com.

I emailed and called them and they told me according to my symptoms and the four LED blinks, it should be my LED driver. Just to be certain, I ordered all three boards for my TV, the LED Driver board, and the two power supply boards. This amounted to about $100, a small price to me to get this back up and running with mostly new insides.

Upon their arrival today, I quickly installed just the LED board and fired her up. Again, it went to the Android animated logo and went off after several seconds. Thinking perhaps it was one of the power supply boards, I replaced them both.

Much to my dismay, even this did not fix the problem. It stills fires up, Android Marshmallow logo and then out. I've tried resetting it by pushing the power and volume down while plugging in, it doesn't help.

So, the only thing I can surmise now is that perhaps I got a bad LED Driver board from tvpartstoday.com, which I'm told they'll quickly replace.

But is there anything else you guys could suggest?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I'm afraid I can't provide any expert info, but my first guess with this type of failure is the power supply. That's mainly because every time I've had that happen with a component, it's been the power supply. You did a reset, so unless there is some secret process needed, which I would expect the supplier to know about, I can't think of anything else to do. Unless there is some problem with the installation of the new boards.

Ferris209

Auditioning
I'm afraid I can't provide any expert info, but my first guess with this type of failure is the power supply. That's mainly because every time I've had that happen with a component, it's been the power supply. You did a reset, so unless there is some secret process needed, which I would expect the supplier to know about, I can't think of anything else to do. Unless there is some problem with the installation of the new boards.
There was no issue with the install, I've built several computers and know the process. So, the tvpartstoday.com people said it has to be the screen going out. I told them the logo still shows and all the backlights appear to be coming on, they replied no matter, it can still be the screen. So, unless some Sony Bravia genius comes on here, my less than 5 year old $3000 TV didn't give me the years I'd expected and I am going to have to drop another $3500-$400 to get a similar and/or equal tv.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks