What's new

can settings be different for different inputs? (1 Viewer)

JohnPhi

Stunt Coordinator
I went through and set up my Toshiba 57h83 with a calibration disk and my HDTV and DVD ended up the same

contrast 36
Brightness 38

But on regular Cable Brightness and contrast were slightly higher

contrast 40
brightness 44

Is this normal, and do those cable numbers seem high to anyone?

Tim K

Second Unit
Settings wll be different for every input....my only question is how did you "calibrate" your TV and HDTV with a calibration disc? Connecting a DVD player to other inputs will not get you proper calibration for those broadcasts. The only way to calibrate those inputs is with professional quality signal generators. Also, even properly calibrating those inputs won't necessarily get it "right"...every program on every station is different...some a brighter, some are darker, some have too much color, etc. If I am not mistaken, all you can properly calibrate on those inputs is really grayscale...then you just have to hope your settings are a happy medium for all the things you will be watching.

I'll leave it up to one of the experts to explain this better.

JohnPhi

Stunt Coordinator
I meant my different inputs on the tv

I have a time warner HDTV box, so one input is for the HDTV channels and one is for DVD, and one is for Regular cable channels

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks