What's new

Cagney & Lacey Complete Series Limited / Standard Edition Box Sets (1 Viewer)

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I've been hoping for that, too, and now it looks like it's going to happen.

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Trials-Rosie-ONeill-DVDs-Planned/22360

Per the article, the studio isn't named, but since it was an MTM series, I'm thinking this is probably coming from Shout Factory.

There were 2 seasons, but hopefully this will be a complete series set. [Note: The article says there were 26 episodes, but some episode guides list 34; maybe there were some Season 2 episodes that never aired?]

It’s been nearly 5 1/2 years since a possible release was first discussed and I’d long ago given up on it. But this weekend I received an email that VEI is releasing The Trials of Rosie O’Neill on November 19.

While VEI has not been consistent in the quality of its releases in recent years compared to years ago, no one else has shown any willingness to put this series on disc. And they are the company that gave us the great Cagney & Lacey complete series limited edition set. So I’m buying this and hoping for the best.

This is a nice surprise at a time when it’s becoming increasingly rare that a series I want gets released.

Link

1635752440477.png

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
It’s been nearly 5 1/2 years since a possible release was first discussed and I’d long ago given up on it. But this weekend I received an email that VEI is releasing The Trials of Rosie O’Neill on November 19.

While VEI has not been consistent in the quality of its releases in recent years compared to years ago, no one else has shown any willingness to put this series on disc. And they are the company that gave us the great Cagney & Lacey complete series limited edition set. So I’m buying this and hoping for the best.

This is a nice surprise at a time when it’s becoming increasingly rare that a series I want gets released.

Link

View attachment 117734

VEI seems to be a pretty committed outfit lately when it comes to the classics, don't they?

moviepas

Supporting Actor
That's the first one I have heard from them for awhile. Thet used to sell to me outside USA but they seem not to anymore and they don't appear on other major sites like Amazon and DeepDiscount. Can't dispute their choices, though.

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
Glad to see this finally come to fruition. At this late stage, I didn't think they would follow through. However, I tried to pre-order several times and I get a message that states:

Checkout isn't available in preview​

Return to the store preview or contact the store owner.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Do the Cagney & Lacey dvds have subtitles? Or closed-captioning, at least?

As I understand it, only the abortive The True Beginning release from MGM in 2009 (which I had at one time; it was the first full season w/Daly and Gless) had any sort of captioning/subtitles (English and Spanish is what it had); VEI's DVDs have nothing of the sort.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks