What's new
World Wide Stereo

bose sub module to sub pre out? (1 Viewer)

EddieMata

Agent
My brother has a lifestyle series 25 but wants to change out his receiver in order to get component video switching to his new tv set. Is it possible to integrate his bose speaker module to the receiver? It currently uses an 8 pin din type cable between the module and the media center that he has.

I've try to tell him he should just look into buying a separate sub to go with the new reciever. He didn't tell me which model of receiver only that it was a Pioneer. He has replaced his speakers with in-walls from Best Buy, Hometech ht603. Will the Bose module do him any good as a "sub"? If it can be adapted should he then try to connect his new speakers to the outputs on the module?

THANKS FOR ANY INPUT!!! I know Bose is not the favored system here nor for myself, but he hasn't heard from Bose customer service either?

THANKS AGAIN!

Eddie

SethH

Senior HTF Member
To the best of my knowledge there is no way to use the Bose module in a "normal" system. Does it have speaker-level inputs? If so, he might could find a way to re-route the speaker wires through the module. He'd probably be happier with the little Dayton sub for $100 or if he's got the money obviously a Hsu or SVS would be ideal.

ScottCHI

Screenwriter
since that "sub" is powered, you'd have to find some way to connect it to the the receiver's pre-outs. does that receiver have pre-outs?

EddieMata

Agent
The receiver does have a sub pre out. However it still a matter of adapting it if at all possible. I've posted up a thread at hometheaterspot as suggested but still no response. Nothing from Bose direct either. I'm with Seth, he should just dish out some money for a differnt sub.

THANKS YA'LL!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alianalbuck
Recent bookmarks