What's new

Issue setting up Bose Soundbar 900 with Sony STR-DH790 (2 Viewers)

bose38

Auditioning
Real Name
Bose
I have purchased brand new
Epson - Home 3800 4K 3LCD Projector
Sony STR-DH790 7.2-ch Surround Sound Home Theater AV Receiver
Bose Sound smart sound bar 900 & Bose bass module 700.

I was able to configure Projector with receiver and able to play and shine projector to the screen. Some how I have issues configuring/connecting bose sound bar to the receiver. I connected bose soundbar earc port to one of the recievers's HDMI port via HDMI cable and the sound does not come through bose sound bar. There was a option to use optical able to connect bose sound bar to receiver and I tried that one as well and it did not work. I tried connecting bose sound bar earc port to projector HDMI cable and it did not work as well. And the Bose sound bar is connected to base module via bluetooth. I tired multiple settings in receiver and projector and I m going crazy to get this thing working.

I was wondering if any one has come across this issue and has a resolution for this.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Soundbars like that, in fact, virtually every soundbar, is specifically designed not to be used with a receiver. It’s one or the other. Sorry, that’s just the way those components are designed.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
What John said. AVRs and soundbars are different “eco systems” for providing audio to video programming. They are not compatible and can’t be used together.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Just to add, soundbars aren’t really a good match with projectors anyway. They’re really designed to be used with TVs. I suspect a receiver and conventional speakers is a much better way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks