Bose AM16 question

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Matt Weldy, Jul 16, 2004.

1. Matt Weldy

Matt Weldy Second Unit

I set up a theater in a new construction house for a friend ( I tried to talk him out of bose ) However I pre ran all the wiring and now I am going to install the speaker. I saw in the manual that there was a "module input cable adaptor for existing wiring" I was wondering if I really need that or not? I have the existing one that came with the bose. Should I just wire tie the speaker wire that goes from the amp to the module (sub). And if so what would be the best way soder.... I already put new rca plugs on the wire I ran in the wall. So one half is taken care of. I just know I wouldnt want any breaks in my speaker wire. Or will one break affect the speaker quality. Not that I should use bose and quality in one sentence.

Thanks

2. Kenneth Harden

Kenneth Harden Screenwriter

You mean to adapt the exsisting speaker wire (that you ran) into the RCA plugs that go into the 'bass' (and I use that term lightly) module? If so, just make it work, it's not a big deal.

3. Matt Weldy

Matt Weldy Second Unit

no I mean the wire harness from the module to the reciever. I ran those wires in the wall also.

4. JoanPablo_T

JoanPablo_T Stunt Coordinator

call bose tech support. 800-367-4008. they can send out the adapters for you. So you don't have to crimp.

JP

[​IMG]