1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Booth Bijou Garage Theater

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Mark Booth, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Mark Booth

Mark Booth Cinematographer
    Supporter

Our 'Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse' and 'Mary Poppins Returns' movie night is this weekend. Cathy and I still haven't seen Spider-Verse, the 4K Blu was a blind buy. We are really looking forward to seeing a movie for the very first time in our own "theater". That doesn't happen all that often.

I think our next showing will include 'First Man'. But, otherwise, there isn't much new coming out in the near future. The Booth Bijou's management will likely decide to show some classic films in the coming weeks.

Mark

2. Bob Bielski

Bob Bielski Second Unit

Robert Bielski
    Back yard looks absolutely gorgeous Love following your progress..

3. Mark Booth

Supporter

We're showing 'First Man' paired with 'The Karate Kid' (1984) this weekend.

Mark

KPmusmag likes this.
  4. Mark Booth

Supporter

We are showing 'Arctic' as our B-movie and 'The Wife' as the main attraction on Sunday (tomorrow). This one didn't "sell out" but not because of the film choices. We just happened to pick a day when a lot of our friends already had other plans.

We'll have 14 guests, a nice sized group that will allow everyone to have a bit more legroom.

Not sure what we'll be showing next. There's a dearth of A-list films being released on Blu-ray lately. I'll probably end up picking a couple of older films to show. Maybe a baseball theme with one film being the 4K version of 'Field of Dreams'.

If we build it, will they come? ;)

Mark

5. JohnRice

JohnRice Executive Producer

John
    Just so you know, “The Wife” is a real downer of a movie. Good, just grim.

6. Mark Booth

Supporter

We saw 'The Wife' when it played in theaters. Last night, our guests applauded the film when it was over.

Another film that is on our coming attractions list for the Booth Bijou: Apollo 11

Mark

7. Bob Bielski

Bob Bielski Second Unit

Robert Bielski
    Hello Mark sorry for the delay in responses Going to school and totally overloaded with homework. I love your theater and the way you share. You are beautiful people who are doing the best things for both your friends and for the movie industry. Thanks for being so kind
    and sharing. I will be back more often when school is done.

8. Mark Booth

Supporter

We decided to pair 'Field of Dreams' with 'Taken' for an older film combo that celebrates Father's Day month. One a father/son relationship film, the other a father/daughter relationship film.

Coming to the Booth Bijou Garage Theater next week. It's already "sold out".

Mark

9. Mark Booth

Supporter

We showed 'Apollo 11' & 'Apollo 13' on Saturday. Next week we are showing 'Shazam' & 'Superman: The Movie'.

I liked 'Shazam' (watched it for the first time last night) but it's a popcorn flick with B-movie qualities. 1978's Superman (the new 4K release) will make for a stronger main feature.

Mark

PMF likes this.
  10. KPmusmag

KPmusmag Supporting Actor
    Supporter

Kevin Parcher
    The 1978 Superman will always be one of my favorites. Coincidentally, just this past Sunday I had a friend/co-worker over to see Superman in the home theater. He is quite a bit younger than I and had never seen it, so I was pleased to be able to offer it to him projected in the dark on a 110" screen with a multi-channel sound system, so that he wasn't seeing for the first time on TV, so to speak. I was quite gratified that he loved it. He made an astute comment, he said, "It seems like the new super hero movies are much more smash-crash-thrash; I liked the slower pace of this one, so you could catch your breath in between action scenes and get to know the characters."

Mark Booth, Mysto, PMF and 1 other person like this.
  11. Mark Booth

Supporter

Our Garage Theater screen is also 110" (it's a 120" screen but I raise it up so it's in a 16:9 configuration). And that's what I love about the garage, in the middle of the day we can make it darker than our living room.

Mark

KPmusmag likes this.
  12. Mark Booth

Supporter

Our guests enjoyed both 'Shazam' and 'Superman: The Movie'. We haven't announced the next movie night (yet) but two films we'll be showing in the next month or so are 'Long Shot' and 'Rocketman'.

Mark