1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Booth Bijou Garage Theater

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Mark Booth, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Bob Bielski

Bob Bielski Second Unit

Robert Bielski
    I feel like a kid but I love Mary Poppins. And as a kid I grew up with Queen. Haven't seen that movie yet. Great to see you up and running and enjoying the theater again.

Mike Frezon and Mark Booth like this.
  2. Mark Booth

Mark Booth Cinematographer
    Supporter

Wow, our guests really loved the 'Driving Miss Daisy' & 'Green Book' combo. Most hadn't seen the former since it was in theaters in 1989 and all but one couple hadn't seen 'Green Book' at all. Both films earned applause as the credits rolled.

Coming up in 2 weeks at the Booth Bijou Garage Theater: 'Philadelphia' & 'Bohemian Rhapsody'. I sent the invite this morning and about 80 minutes later all 20 spots were taken.

I decided to save 'Mary Poppins Returns' for its own feature presentation slot at the next movie night after this one. I need to decide on a fun and whimsical film to accompany it in the B-movie slot.

I'm really looking forward to seeing 'Bohemian Rhapsody' in the garage theater. I actually prefer the 5.1 sound system setup out there to the 5.1 setup in the house.

Mark

Bob Bielski likes this.
  3. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Peg and I hadn't seen Green Book yet, either, Mark...until last night.

We watched it on my HT and REALLY loved it!

Mark Booth likes this.
  4. Mark Booth

Supporter

The most amazing thing about Green Book is how long the real Tony Lip lived after sucking cigarettes with nearly every waking breath. OMG, if the film is accurate, the man was a damn chimney.

Mark

5. Bob Bielski

Bob Bielski Second Unit

Robert Bielski
    Wow sounds so nice. I can't wait until you decide on the B movie to go with Mary Poppins Returns. I think you are spoiling these people.
    Obviously they are having fun.I hope you are to. Why do you prefer the theater 5.1 to the House 5.1??
    Love reading your posts. I just wish I lived closer so I could come over and get some of that popcorn.

6. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

I'll go with ya, Bob. We'll have one hell of a road trip.

You drive to my house on the way West and then we can share driving duties the rest of the way (kinda like Tony Lip and Don Shirley did at the end of the film)!

I think the popcorn would be worth it!

7. Bob Bielski

Bob Bielski Second Unit

Robert Bielski
    You are tooo much. If i am ever in your neck of the woods I would come by full handed and sit back and enjoy your theater. You are so wonderful to share what you have with others, It warms my heart to see you offer this set up to so many friends and send them home full of enjoyment. The world needs people who think and live like you do. I love to see the news on this post. Keep doing movies and tell me why the 5.1 theater over house 5.1

8. Bob Bielski

Bob Bielski Second Unit

Robert Bielski
    Sorry Mike senior moment i thought I was talking to Mark. Yes it would be nice to share the driving duties. I have never been out west except for a trip to Colorado once. We should both show up at Marks house with a fist full of movies and a sleeping bag. LOL

9. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

He can keep the Miata in the driveway for a few days while we sleep on the floor! :D

10. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

The Mass Pike runs right by my house (near Albany). Then we'll take I-87 West and then just start following the smell of the melted butter to Mark's door.

11. Mark Booth

Supporter

You guys crack me up! :)

The next time HTF members make a trip to Los Angeles for a studio tour, perhaps ya'll can make a side trip to San Diego for a night at the Booth Bijou? Our house is modest but our garage is awesome! :)

Mark