What's new

Bones season 6 thread (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I love that they kept playing up a death and while it had some meaning it wasnt earth shattering. I'm hoping booth and bones have a big change in dynamic.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
I knew as soon as they advertised a death who it would be. Noticed the actor in an ad for the Syfy show, Alphas, so figured he was moving on.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
Originally Posted by KevinGress

I knew as soon as they advertised a death who it would be. Noticed the actor in an ad for the Syfy show, Alphas, so figured he was moving on.

He, like a number of others in a similar situation, has always been an ongoing "occasional" character. I called it right off, whereas the gf was guessing at Hodgins.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by AlexF

He, like a number of others in a similar situation, has always been an ongoing "occasional" character. I called it right off, whereas the gf was guessing at Hodgins.

Leading up to the shot, they carefully made just about everyone a possibility as the target. That kept a good level of suspense.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
So, the season finale of Bones aired tonight here in Canada (no spoilers, don't worry).

It was fun, Max is back for another go around, white trash bowling, and finally a wee one.

Good ending to the season, and I can see how they can move forward next year, but after the last few episodes, I worry about the life that this show might have left now.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I heard that Finder was going to take over while she was out on pregnancy leave. I didn't expect them to write in into the show.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Doesn't make sense to me. So Bones and Boith, let's assume in the last episode when Angela was 8 months along. There is no way for her to know in a single month or less. Or very very unlikely.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Assuming Angela was barely 8 months last show and is now due+ a few days -- assuming normal predictable numbers, this puts Brennan about 3 weeks late (5 weeks pregnant). Very easy to

determine pregnant at that date even with an OTC test much less the more sensitive laboratory tests. If you take the 8 months reference as meaning 32 weeks vs 41 week time frame (they made a very obvious 10month /40week reference in last weeks episode) it makes it even easier.

And or course take into account normal TV dramatic license.

Pretty funny episode overall with more than a little Lebowski-thrown in. Booth's mullet and Bones gum popping girlfriend was too funny. Emily's clothing seemed pretty obvious that she was pregnant by the time that episode was shot.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
We've been watching back through Season 6. Bones is so easy to just sit down and watch an episode and be satisfied as a great procedural that works. We just watched "The Signs in the Silence" tonight.. It's ep like this that keep me buying the Bluray box sets. Really fantastic episode there. Actually, all of Season 6 had several great episodes. But when Bones really clicks, even when it takes a well worn tale, it does it really well. I think they've spent years building up the wall that is Brennan, and so when she struggles to keep herself from crying in front of the girl, telling her about a memory with her mother; it works in every way.

One of the most underrated procedurals on TV

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I agree with you. The team is made up of really interesting and unique characters whose bond is special. Ordinarily, with procedurals, I prefer for the stories to stay on point and not get involved in so much personal business, but Bones is one of the few prcedurals that does the personal so well that I don't find those side trips away from the mystery the least bit bothersome.

That said, I did think they stumbled with the casting of Hannah this season, a more charmless and uncharismatic actress with zero chemistry with Booth could not have been found.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks