What's new

Which studio/company do you want to co-finance and distribute Bond 25?

• Warner Bros.

Votes: 19 41.3%
  • Sony Pictures

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • 20th Century Fox

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Universal Pictures

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Annapurna Pictures

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Apple

• Amazon

• Total voters

ptb2017fr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul Bale
Yes, thank you to Paul Bale (nice to have you here!) and everyone else who worked on On Her Majesty's Secret Service, which is far and away my favorite Bond film...and I think just a fine, well-made film all around. I've no doubt that Lazenby was a dick on set, sadly, and very short-sighted in turning down the contract EON offered him for further 007 films. Despite all the behind-the-scenes turmoil, I think he makes for a fine Bond and brings a very credible physicality to the action scenes, and a vulnerability to his tragic romance with Tracy. (Diana Rigg).

Thanks for the welcome and the thanks for the workers, though I can tell you I loved every minute. I was an assistant editing on the sound side, working at what is now called the ADR with the actors, and organising sound fx and such. I spent nine months on the film and for most of the time it was seven days a week with minimum 12 hour days. Don't know where you got the idea they offered Lazenby a contract to continue playing Bond, that's his story, but after he turned up for the premiere with long hair and a beard, I mean he was supposed to be James Bond, not Jesus Christ, Cubby Broccoli just wanted him gone!
First thing he said on meeting Diana Rigg was "you're my leading lady! Great. When do we f••k" Then as now Diana is a lady and a professional to her fingertips, but the air turned blue! :) I spent two days in the ADR theatre with George and on the second evening I went to the cinema. Just as the film was about to begin George and his latest conquest came past me in the row to get to their seats. "Hello George. Didn't know you were coming," said I politely. "Who the f••k are you c**t" was his gentlemanly response! Nice man, eh?

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Thanks for the welcome and the thanks for the workers, though I can tell you I loved every minute. I was an assistant editing on the sound side, working at what is now called the ADR with the actors, and organising sound fx and such. I spent nine months on the film and for most of the time it was seven days a week with minimum 12 hour days. Don't know where you got the idea they offered Lazenby a contract to continue playing Bond, that's his story, but after he turned up for the premiere with long hair and a beard, I mean he was supposed to be James Bond, not Jesus Christ, Cubby Broccoli just wanted him gone!
First thing he said on meeting Diana Rigg was "you're my leading lady! Great. When do we f••k" Then as now Diana is a lady and a professional to her fingertips, but the air turned blue! :) I spent two days in the ADR theatre with George and on the second evening I went to the cinema. Just as the film was about to begin George and his latest conquest came past me in the row to get to their seats. "Hello George. Didn't know you were coming," said I politely. "Who the f••k are you c**t" was his gentlemanly response! Nice man, eh?

A true charmer he was.

George Lazenby in No Time to Shave...

All Lazenby.jpg

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
One thing that I have lived about the Bond blu rays is the inclusion of the trailers, tv spots and radio spots.

I wish some of them could’ve had more.

I know the Brosnan and Craig films had radio spots, but I don’t recall ever hearing one...

this is a great resource of several of the older radio spots. There are more though.....

https://www.the007dossier.com/james-bond-radio-spots/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks