What's new

bonanza season 12 dvd coming in 2023 (1 Viewer)

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Thank you for this latest update from voy.com. About 6 -7 years ago (I've lost track of the actual timeframe) EncoreWesterns aired Bonanza Seasons 12 and 13, not sure about 14. The prints were quite good. I'm still annoyed at myself for wiping the digital video tapes I had assembled as I assumed they would be forthcoming from CBS very quickly.

If what CBS is about to release is as good as what I saw on Encore I will be quite content. If remastered like all the previous seasons of Bonanza I will be absolutely thrilled. View attachment 161537
I recorded them all. They ran the package of "lost" episodes, otherwise known as the shows which weren't in the original syndication package. I hope the fans get these releases which I believe would be the first Paramount DVDs of a classic show since the CBS Home Video division was eliminated.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I figured a complete series would be coming if they completed it.
Biggest problem for me is that the inlay of the original dvd (two volume sets) have amazing episode synopsis filled with trivia, filming locations and air dates. Honestly, they are some of the best classic TV DVD sets I own for that reason alone.

Kevin Antonio (Kev)

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Taffe
My biggest concern is the packaging of the boxset. The gunsmoke boxset as much as I loved having it was a hassle sometimes with getting to certain episodes I liked. And unlike that set bonanza has a lot of special features and knowing where they all are will be a problem on a huge set unlike the single seasons.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
My biggest concern is the packaging of the boxset. The gunsmoke boxset as much as I loved having it was a hassle sometimes with getting to certain episodes I liked. And unlike that set bonanza has a lot of special features and knowing where they all are will be a problem on a huge set unlike the single seasons.

What I wonder is how such listings will be printed inside the individual keepcases that hold 3 or 4 seasons each.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I already own up to Season 8. I've been waiting for subsequent seasons to have 2 volumes together for a lower price like the previous 8, but it hasn't happened so you need to buy each volume separately which costs more money. I am wondering if the price of the entire set when it comes out will actually be cheaper than buying the remainder of the show from Seasons 9-14?

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
I figured a complete series would be coming if they completed it.
Biggest problem for me is that the inlay of the original dvd (two volume sets) have amazing episode synopsis filled with trivia, filming locations and air dates. Honestly, they are some of the best classic TV DVD sets I own for that reason alone.
Interesting. While I thought the same thing (that the studio would put out a huge box set), I hope they don't. The individual seasons are expensive enough. And the thought of added stuff for the complete set is more than my poor heart and wallet can handle.

--jthree

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
And the thought of added stuff for the complete set is more than my poor heart and wallet can handle.

Do you think that you wouldn't be able to watch it all (in the case of video) or view it all (in the case of pictures), or similar?

justarandomstan

Second Unit
Real Name
Stan
I am REALLY HAPPY that this wonderful show would finally be completed on DVD. For a while there I thought it would actually never happen!

Now, I've been contemplating buying the complete Gunsmoke set, because I'll be able to save a lot of money (and shelf space) that way, but I really love the individual covers of each season that I already own and the way they're presented. The complete series set is so bulky and hard to search through....

I'm in the same boat for Bonanza. The individual seasons sets are just so beautiful, and I already have a couple of them. So, the added bonus of that and the extra hassle I'd have to go through to sell my existing sets kinda points me in the direction of continuing with the regular sets and not the complete series ones for both Bonanza and Gunsmoke.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
What was the story with the Forever episode? Was it a 2-hour show cut into 2 parts for syndication? When I recorded the shows off Encore I don't recall any of them missing.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Interesting. While I thought the same thing (that the studio would put out a huge box set), I hope they don't. The individual seasons are expensive enough. And the thought of added stuff for the complete set is more than my poor heart and wallet can handle.

--jthree
They won't be adding anything new for the complete set at this stage in the DVD game. They didn't for the Rawhide and Gunsmoke complete sets. I have the Rawhide complete set and agree its a hassle getting a disc out of the cheap packaging each time. Gunsmoke and Bonanza I have the individual releases and they were well worth it.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
1677077841994.png

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo

Kevin Antonio (Kev)

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Taffe
What was the story with the Forever episode? Was it a 2-hour show cut into 2 parts for syndication? When I recorded the shows off Encore I don't recall any of them missing.
The 2hr show from what I recall was intact until around the late 80s and for some reason they cut it into two parts when selling the lost episodes to hallmark and later encore westerns. Last I heard the original print for for the 2hr episode is lost. I pray it shows up one day.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
The 107 discs in this German release-- when a Bonanza all-in-one comes out here in America, will it have that many discs, more than that, or fewer than that?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks