What's new

bonanza season 12 dvd coming in 2023 (1 Viewer)

justarandomstan

Second Unit
Real Name
Stan
Well, I'll be damned! Scratch anything I said above! LET'S GOOOO! That's amazing news! I will be buying the new Season 2 set FOR SURE.

Still got sealed copies of the S2 volumes from a decade ago, time to put them up for sale, I guess.

Also, did I read that right? There'd be additional bonus content on the new S2 release that was not present in the original from a decade ago? Sweet!

The only bummer is that the bonus disc will be exclusive to the Complete Series set. They should have made some sort of a special edition of Season 14 and include it there. No one in their rightful mind would drop 250 out of the blue if they had already purchased seasons 1 - 11 just for a bonus disc, albeit so wonderfully constructed.

Last edited:

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
The only bummer is that the bonus disc will be exclusive to the Complete Series set. They should have made some sort of a special edition of Season 14 and include it there.

OT-- IMO, they should have done the same w/Paramount's releases of O-R 1985-92 ABC Anderson MacGyver (under their "Paramount Television" brand [not to be confused with the studio's small-screen arm by that name]); that is to say, when they released the seventh and final go (1991-92), they should have put the two movies in there, instead of restricting them to the all-in-one.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Thank you, Ashley, for sharing all the great Bonanza news...especially (for those of us who've collected many previous season sets) the imminent re-release of Season 2, restored from 35mm elements! I myself didn't think the transfers on the original S2 release looked bad, per se, but they were definitely a drop-off in quality from the bookending seasons. This kind of thing - a studio going back and correcting a previous mistake or oversight - is exceedingly rare in the physical media business...well done, CBS/Paramount and especially Andy Klyde.

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
Here is the link to pre-order the digitally remastered and restored Season 2.

Yes, this is very cool. I am about 10 episodes into season 2, so this is worth a mere (gulp) $50.99 for an upgrade. Although I agree with Jeff, what I have seen of season 2 so far has not been all that bad.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Yes, this is very cool. I am about 10 episodes into season 2, so this is worth a mere (gulp) $50.99 for an upgrade. Although I agree with Jeff, what I have seen of season 2 so far has not been all that bad.
And I'm guessing the price will eventually drop down if we're patient, Glenn...maybe even before release date.

DBF

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ashley
Thank you, Ashley, for sharing all the great Bonanza news...especially (for those of us who've collected many previous season sets) the imminent re-release of Season 2, restored from 35mm elements! I myself didn't think the transfers on the original S2 release looked bad, per se, but they were definitely a drop-off in quality from the bookending seasons. This kind of thing - a studio going back and correcting a previous mistake or oversight - is exceedingly rare in the physical media business...well done, CBS/Paramount and especially Andy Klyde.

You’re welcome! I was beginning to wonder if we would ever see any of this happen. I am very happy right now. :D

justarandomstan

Second Unit
Real Name
Stan
Here is the link to pre-order the digitally remastered and restored Season 2.

Amazing! I like that they combined elements from the 2 original volumes: the main picture is from Volume 1, while the frame and the TITLE (color and all) are from Volume 2. Really cool details!

One small nitpick I have with the designs of the 4 new sets is that the title was moved to the top, instead of keeping it sorta in the middle, like the rest of the seasons. My OCD is going crazy over this lol

All in all, I'm one happy camper!

Last edited:

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Yeah I always thought season one was not remastered as I thought it looked worse than season 2.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
The news about a newly remastered Bonanza season 2 is totally unexpected and a pleasant surprise. A lot of fine episodes in that season, The Mission, The Dark Gate, etc. I suppose that the fact that several season 2 episodes (and some from season one) had uncharacteristically fallen into the public domain probably diminished their enthusiasm to originally remaster season two to the usual standard. That, and the stated budgetary cut in 2010-11.

With Paramount/CBS going back and finally righting an old wrong, dare we hope that the same spirit moves them to present a newly remastered season 4 of Rawhide? I hope so, as that truly terrible DVD release came out the same year that they gave us the original Bonanza season 2.

A damn, dirty shame, as there are so many truly great episodes in the fourth season of Rawhide!

Last edited:

Kevin Antonio (Kev)

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Taffe
The news about a newly remastered Bonanza season 2 is totally unexpected and a pleasant surprise. A lot of fine episodes in that season, The Mission, The Dark Gate, etc. I suppose that the fact that several season 2 episodes (and some from season one) had uncharacteristically fallen into the public domain probably diminished their enthusiasm to originally remaster season two to the usual standard. That, and the stated budgetary cut in 2010-11.

With Paramount/CBS going back and finally righting an old wrong, dare we hope that the same spirit moves them to present a newly remastered season 4 of Rawhide? I hope so, as that truly terrible DVD release came out the same year that they gave us the original Bonanza season 2.

A damn, dirty shame, as there are so many truly great episodes in the fourth season of Rawhide!
May have to see how rawhide season 1 fairs in sales for its bluray release later this year

DBF

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ashley
Just found S2 and S13 for $43.99 each and the Complete Series for $211.99 at Target.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
*******-Michael Landon: Question & Answer session with Vikki Carr and The Tonight Show audience (audio with slide show; 1973)******

Is this an audio only extra? Because I have a color kinescope of this that was up on YT over a decade ago, posted by a Vikki Carr fan and I got it downloaded before it disappeared.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
*******-Michael Landon: Question & Answer session with Vikki Carr and The Tonight Show audience (audio with slide show; 1973)******

Is this an audio only extra? Because I have a color kinescope of this that was up on YT over a decade ago, posted by a Vikki Carr fan and I got it downloaded before it disappeared.

Do you know on which release that feature was found?

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
The description of it as audio only is why I asked if they were aware that video of it does exist.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks