What's new

Custom Cover Blu-Ray Custom Cover art thread (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I've just completed covers for my MGM Musicals (including faux-blu spines for those titles still on DVD)

View attachment 83479

Technically, "The Harvey Girls" and "Good News" are on preorder right now, but will soon be on my shelf for real.
The only other MGM Musical I own is "The Barkleys Of Broadway", but that is in my Fred & Ginger set

THAT is fantastic, Dave! VERY nice work! That shelf of titles looks great!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Ha ha! I love how you handled the DVD-spines! Genious!

Right! Because then--when those Blus are eventually released (fingers crossed!)--all he needs to do is slide the same insert into the new Blu case! :thumbsup:

EDIT: Ooops. Nope. I didn't realize he only had the DVD logo at the bottom of those spines. :blush:

2nd EDIT: Oooops again! I totally got deked out by those covers/spines! I didn't realize that those spines filled the DVD case but included the graphic of a Blu case on the spine. That is so cool and completely fooled me.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
i wonder with the up coming release from kino, if this is going to get a "special" custom

1611713539479.png

or an Online and in store only exclusive?

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I just replaced the awful BigHead cover for Laura (I did keep the back cover)

LauraHTF.JPG

I also did some tweaking on my This Gun For Hire cover (that matches the Arrow releases of The Blue Dahlia and The Glass Key). The spine lettering is tighter, and Veronica's image is lighter, a closer match to the other two. I also added a little more glow to the neon raven.

ThisGunForHireHTF2 copy.JPG

Last edited:

Fritz Nilsen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Fritz Nilsen
Here are two versions for Grizzly II.

One is a straight recreation of the retail cover, adjusted to proper Blu-ray dimensions. (The one that comes with the disc reportedly doesn't fit in a regular Blu case.)
The other is a personal re-mix of many of the elements, which I think is far superior to the original layout.

PM me for download links.
dhlbYw.png

OdPlDJ.png

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I just replaced the awful BigHead cover for Laura (I did keep the back cover)

View attachment 90638

I also did some tweaking on my This Gun For Hire cover (that matches the Arrow releases of The Blue Dahlia and The Glass Key). The spine lettering is tighter, and Veronica's image is lighter, a closer match to the other two. I also added a little more glow to the neon raven.

View attachment 90639
Can we PM you for links on these, or are they private commissions? Laura is a personal favourite film.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
For the new Mission Impossible Complete Series set, I decided to not use the flimsy (to be kind) packaging.

I've put each season into a 22mm 7-disc cases (the last three seasons have an empty hub).

View attachment 83122
View attachment 83123
View attachment 83124
View attachment 83125
View attachment 83126
View attachment 83127
View attachment 83128

I've also done a 9-disc 'blu' case for the 88-89 DVDs

View attachment 83129

Second version of the 88/89 copy with matching back

View attachment 83196
wonderful work, especially including for the revival series, makes me wonder why Rollin Hand isn't on the back of season 2, since Phelps is on the last

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
wonderful work, especially including for the revival series, makes me wonder why Rollin Hand isn't on the back of season 2, since Phelps is on the last
Not sure why Rollin Hand (Martin Landau) wasn't featured. These were merely conversions of the official Paramount release. Casey (Linda Day George) was also omitted (and she was on longer than Warren).

I chose the Phelps photo for the Revival. Its been a while since I've seen them (haven't gotten to them in my in-order re-watch), so I wasn't sure which of the others I should highlight instead (Phil Morris, Thaao Penghlis, Antony Hamilton, Jane Badler, Terry Markwell)

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Only 11 more to go!
Unfortunately, I have little hope for two of the DVD titles
Invitation To The Dance is an extremely niche title, so very little expectation.
That's Dancing has numerous rights issues with so many studios involved.

I do hope the other nine show up.

As for additions, there are two I never picked up on DVD, but would welcome Words And Music and Til The Clouds Roll By. But based on my particular tastes, very few others (I do also have Barkleys Of Broadway, but that is in my F&G collection).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks