What's new

Custom Cover Blu-Ray Custom Cover art thread (2 Viewers)

Fritz Nilsen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Fritz Nilsen
Another day, another Star Trek set :)

I was commissioned to do a variation of my recent Blu-ray set to fit the slim covers of the 2009 box set. Please note, these are BD only, no 4K UHD versions.

The client has let me know that I can make these available to fellow forum members, so here they are.
The actual box is not included (can't believe I have to specify that), but I've included a mock up graphic of what the covers would look like in that box.

PM me for download links, but specify "the slim versions" in the message.

MUmMRO.png

3Kmb3h.png

Fritz Nilsen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Fritz Nilsen
More Star Trek The Motion Picture (but it won't be my last).

Here's an inlay for those who want to house the Special Longer Version disc from the Complete Adventure set in its own case.

It's mostly identical to the "regular" 4K inlay I made previously, but the back contains the specifics of the Theatrical/SLV disc only.

Commissioned by a forum member and shared with permission. PM me for download link.

YbvxdY.png

Fritz Nilsen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Fritz Nilsen
Here's a custom inlay for those who want to move their 5-disc Star Trek The Motion Picture Complete Adventure set into something more practical.

While it gets kind of pricey buying an empty 4K case, seldom do I feel a custom cover is as called for as here. Those cardboard books are just nasty on the discs.

I've made both 15mm and 12mm spine versions, which should suit most different cases you get your hands on. (The one I got was a 6-disc case from Bluraysforeveryone.)

PM me for download link.

2CmoUB.png

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I put together an All-In-One case for the recent Imprint Jesse Stone Collection (their packaging was a 3-disc and 6-disc).
This fits a 22mm 9-disc case.

Jesse StoneHTF.JPG

I also put together the following insert
Jesse Stone InsertHTF.JPG

Last edited:

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I also put together season disc covers for the VEI Wiseguy collection. I replaced the Mega case (with disc envelopes) with four cases.
Wiseguy1HTF.JPG

Wiseguy2HTF.JPG
Wiseguy3HTF.JPG
Wiseguy4HTF.JPG

I also made DVD versions (their color scheme is more brown-ish).

These fit 15mm cases. Technically, Season 4 is only 2 discs, so it could be in a slimmer case, but I prefer consistency. Plus I downloaded the 1996 TV movie and put it into the S4 case.

My S1 also has a DVD copy of 'No One Gets Out Of Here Alive' with the original audio

Fritz Nilsen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Fritz Nilsen
Thanks to the generous patronage of a forum member, the final Star Wars cover in "The Black Series" is now complete: Episode 9 The Rise of Skywalker.

Feel free to PM me for download links to this cover and/or the rest in the series, but please specify "Black Series" in your message.

I will also be providing 4K UHD options for these in the near future.

juxF5W.png

Here are the rest of them:

Fritz Nilsen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Fritz Nilsen
I posted a 5-disc version of the Star Trek The Motion Picture Complete Adventure recently, but was contacted by a patron who wanted a variant to house the US 3-disc release also.

Again, I've made both 15mm and 12mm spine versions, which should suit most different cases you get your hands on.

PM me for download link.

9fxDA8.png

Fritz Nilsen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Fritz Nilsen
Hey all. Happy 2023.

Here's a 4K update to a Saturday Night Fever cover I did a few years back.
My generous client said he'd be delighted to share this, so please PM me for download link.
syM84N.png

andcon

Auditioning
Real Name
andrew karamitos
Retro style custom cover for the 4K UHD release of Superman - The Movie.
hTpSRb.png

PM me for links.
Hi Fritz...would love links to any blu covers youve done for the Reeve Superman series. The Warner version's are great, as are the ones with the artworks. Any you can share are much appreciated..thank you..Andrew

Fritz Nilsen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Fritz Nilsen
Here's a set of covers for Vikings, made to fit 15mm spine cases.

These were commissioned by Vikings fan Harley Christian, who would like to share them with those others who want a cohesive set for the series. Please PM me for download links.

lcy7Vv.png

Q1eVIA.png

L86tqv.png

cmZYXW.png

URBgBy.png

bH7EYi.png

Fritz Nilsen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Fritz Nilsen
We're doing deep cuts in the Hithcock filmography here. After having made almost 60 different Hitchcock covers, you'd think there would be none left to do.

At the request of my patron, these covers for The Ring and Champagne house the two discs from the Hitchcock: British International Pictures Collection Blu-ray from Kino Lorber.

The remaining films from the collection, The Farmer's Wife, The Manxman and The Skin Game are listed as "bonus features" on their respective discs.

82SLJv.png

xkuJrn.png

I was also asked to make a cover for the film Sabotage (aka. The Woman Alone in the US). Here are two versions:
2ZTLTj.png

3kfHr6.png

PM me for download links to these or any other Hitchcock covers.

Fritz Nilsen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Fritz Nilsen
This is not available for sharing, but I just wanted to show you guys a neat project I did for a client a few months back.

He wanted a cover for the Sequel Trilogy, to match the official releases of the 2011 Original and Prequel trilogy sets.

I am not a big fan of the artwork style, finding it completely haphazard in both design and execution, but I had to come up with something that would match.

Apart from the creative bit about making front artwork from scratch, the unsung effort in something like this is how much time and effort it takes to recreate the layout and text of the spine and back, matching the original just about perfectly.

In the end I think it makes a good companion piece to the other two.

4BKeGw.png

The original box art for reference:
iSidrx.jpg
JKbiny.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks