What's new

Blazers Basketball in HD (1 Viewer)

DennisHP

Second Unit
Just received the following...

Hello High Definition viewers,

Tonight's Blazer game against San Antonio will be broadcast both in standard definition on KGW and in HD on KGW-DT 8.1 The pregame is at 7:00PM, and the game is at 7:30 PM. Hope you can watch.

Jeff R.

Stunt Coordinator
This is very cool. I am going to try to check it out. Not only for the HD broadcast, but the game itself should be pretty good.

DennisHP

Second Unit
Yes. The two hottest teams since the All Star break going at it! In HD we'll be able to see what that spot on Rasheed's head really is.

Jeff R.

Stunt Coordinator
It was a close game all the way. The HD picture looked great although I thought I did see some artifacting a few times. It might have just been my reception. The audio and video were also out of sync. I would hear the swish of the net and then a fraction of a second later, the ball would go in. Did anybody else see the game in HD?

DennisHP

Second Unit
Sorry Ross, the Blazers took away the big winning streak!

For the most part the HD looked awsome. I didn't experience the sync difficulties that you did Jeff, however, I did notice that for several minutes in the 2nd Q only my widescreen was compressed on the sides resulting in two black vertical bands on each side. Other than that it all looked good to me.

In response to my email praising KGW, Brenda Buratti from KGW says:

Thanks! The only other regular season game in HD we've got scheduled is NBC's Dallas @ San Antonio game on Saturday, April 6 (2:30 PM). I suspect we'll have one or two during playoffs, but I don't have any info yet on that. I'll always send out a notice so you won't miss anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jw_Malibu
Recent bookmarks