What's new

Press Release WHV Press Release: Rio Bravo (1959) (4k UHD) (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
In that case, it may simply be a lack of capacity in pressing facilities. We've heard about the issues with vinyl, and with the industry's push towards streaming, it's not hard to imagine a similar scenario for optical discs.
I think that's what Ron and I been saying.:)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The street date for both East and Eden and Rio Bravo 4K UHD has shifted from July 18 to August 1. Both titles will also be available on August 1 on digital.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Yesterday, both titles were available digitally in 4K. Today, I received both 4K/UHD titles from Amazon.:dance:
Lucky! :) I’m gonna wait for the price to drop. The disc is as scarce as hen’s teeth right now, and Amazon wants *$38* for it. Yikes!

johnmcmasters

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John McMasters
I also received three titles in one package from Amazon yesterday: Helen of Troy Blu-Ray, East of Eden 4K, and Rio Bravo 4K. Yay!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Lucky! :) I’m gonna wait for the price to drop. The disc is as scarce as hen’s teeth right now, and Amazon wants *$38* for it. Yikes!
Well, I bought it at $29.99, but with some Amazon Reward points my final purchase price was $19.99 plus sales tax.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Yeah, I think Amazon is price gouging that title currently, since they seem to be the only retailer that has copies available at the moment. Supplies should return in a few weeks, but we are getting into the big crunch time of the year where the sole North American replication facility will start to get maxed beyond capacity.

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Yeah, I think Amazon is price gouging that title currently, since they seem to be the only retailer that has copies available at the moment. Supplies should return in a few weeks, but we are getting into the big crunch time of the year where the sole North American replication facility will start to get maxed beyond capacity.
And because now Warner isn't releasing this in Europe. Because we Europeans don't like nor understand westerns!

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Finally, six months later, Warner Bros. have announced a European 4K UHD release - a Steelbook, no less - with a different cover than the rather uninspired cover on the US release.

81NBJ27MpSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
^That UK cover still looks kinda meh though... but I suppose one should be glad that neither is particularly offensive unlike the US release of The Exorcist (that also double-downs on the affront via the menu screen that doesn't spare the UK version, LOL)...

_Man_

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Well, I'm not one to get all hot and bothered by cover choices for blu-ray and 4K UHD titles, I'm just really glad to be getting pristine home video versions to savour at home. But, having said that, I've had a quick Google through the original one-sheets for Rio Bravo and I think most of them were uninspired, particularly in the US. Nothing approaching the level of artistry for say, Once Upon A Time In The West, almost a decade later. But a couple of slightly more dynamic alternatives could have been chosen for the small blu-ray cover. But like I said: the cover is very rarely a deal-breaker for me. I've only chosen titles based on the cover a handful of times - The Exorcist being a notable one. Interesting that Warner Bros. are releasing different cover art in different regions.

6394.jpg

MOVGB94650__15357.jpg

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
Well, I'm not one to get all hot and bothered by cover choices for blu-ray and 4K UHD titles, I'm just really glad to be getting pristine home video versions to savour at home. But, having said that, I've had a quick Google through the original one-sheets for Rio Bravo and I think most of them were uninspired, particularly in the US. Nothing approaching the level of artistry for say, Once Upon A Time In The West, almost a decade later. But a couple of slightly more dynamic alternatives could have been chosen for the small blu-ray cover. But like I said: the cover is very rarely a deal-breaker for me. I've only chosen titles based on the cover a handful of times - The Exorcist being a notable one. Interesting that Warner Bros. are releasing different cover art in different regions.

View attachment 200378

View attachment 200379

It is truly slim pickings with these posters and none of them is really good.

This one should get a special mention though for being very... special:

1697043678104.png

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
It is truly slim pickings with these posters and none of them is really good.

This one should get a special mention though for being very... special:

View attachment 200399

The first BD and the HD DVD sported a variant of this.
1697064620917.png
, as did the DVD
1697064668882.png

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks