What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Bill Dana Show DVD? (1 Viewer)

Chas_Michael

Second Unit
Has anyone been able to purchase the 6 show 2 DVD set of the Bill Dana Show at www.billdanaondvd.com ?

I've tried to order this (I get ERROR's at the checkout) numerous times, sent a few emails, and haven't received any response whatsoever????

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I got as far as Secure E-commerce Checkout Screen but can't go any further as I do not have money for this right now but I do intend to get it. I agree Season sets would be best but I really want to see it and fear this may be the only way. If anyone does ge tit, please do tell if it all looks as good as the clip on the Get Smart Collection.

By the by, I used Mozilla Firefox to do this and for your information Internet Explorer has recently changed to a new model that has tabs.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I bought this and watched the first disc. All episodes so far have been more than 25 minutes. There are six episodes on two DVD-r's with labels on the top. They look and sound great to me except the second episode at times sounded like coffee brewing and it appeared that a fraction of a second or two here and there were lost, probably from damage. not editing. It came in a keepcase with disc beds on both sides. In between these clamped to the spine was an insert with a more modern pic of Bill Dana, some info as to what he is up to now and the development of Jose Jimenez. The first 2 episodes shown had an opening with Bill Dana and some floating heads, the third opened with an animated segment with real heads. I believe I saw two commercials and some sort of NBC presentation statement from the era. I did like this show a lot and look forward to the volume 2 that was mentioned in a letter that accompanied the package.

Chas_Michael

Second Unit

Thanks for the tip.

2 DVDR's!!!! for nearly $30.00!!!

WTF is this?

hopefully a real company will issue complete season sets on factory pressed DVD's! As much as I'd love to see this show I cannot shell out the bucs for DVDR's! What a shame.:frowning:

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor
Much as I would like to get complete episodes, until there's a legit release I'll stick with my CBN copies.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
RIP, Bill Dana.

I ordered this six episode set back in the day since I had no episodes and it turned out to be a good primer to the series that also showed the development not just of Don Adams' Maxwell Smart persona, but also Jonathan Harris' Dr. Smith persona. I just finished an episode right now as a tribute.

Unfortunately there was never a follow-up Volume 2 or any other releases.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I know that Dana had been trying for years to get companies interested in the series without luck. Just too obscure unfortunately, although a much funnier show than many of the other short-lived sitcoms of that time period. Many popular and longer running black and white series couldn't get a DVD release so a one and a half season show like this one really had little chance.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
Would you believe ... I actually remember a line from this series after more than 50 years?

IIRC, Jose was asked to fix a bathroom sink. He put H on both the hot and cold handles.

He explained that one H stood for "Hot" ... and the other for "Here is the cold water."

Maybe you had to be there. :mellow:

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
This would have been a more worthy release for DVD than some of the too obscure westerns IMO but that's just my subjective take. The grabbers of Adams and Harris tuning up for their most famous roles should have made the case for release. I sincerely hope it wasn't modern-day PCness over the whole Jose Jimenez character that scared labels off.

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I'll throw in some late 70s early 80s stuff. These may be repeats so pardon if they are:

Open All Night
It's Your Move
Spencer
Devlin Connection
Struck By Lightning
Mr. Merlin
Executive Suite
Emerald Point NAS
Filthy Rich
Amanda's
Condo
Hello Larry
It Takes Two
The Two of Us
Enos
Alls Fair
Mr. T and Tina
Jennifer Slept Here ( I know this was mentioned on this thread)

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
You will get a tongue-lashing from Mr. Phillips the hotel manager for that! :D

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I had for years forgotten about the Bill Dana Show, but when I recalled watching it, I didn't remember it as being particularly funny.

About 6 months or so ago, I ran across some episodes on You Tube and was pleasantly surprised. I have wondered about the possibility for a release, but if Bill Dana couldn't get it out, that probably means the end for that. It's a shame though, as I found myself really enjoying the episodes on You Tube. I would immediately pick up a complete series set if one were to be released.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trackername123
Recent bookmarks