What's new

Press Release SPHE Press Release: Ghostbusters: Afterlife (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
90eccdc8-6bbf-4ad8-993a-1ef0d4687be0.png
“Get ready to fall in love with the Ghostbusters all over again” - IGN
17b89c64-0f61-7916-4819-e7eaf5fad5c2.png
AVAILABLE ON DIGITAL JANUARY 4
ON 4K ULTRA HD™,
BLU-RAY™, DVD FEBRUARY 1

PLUS THE GHOSTBUSTERS ULTIMATE COLLECTION
ALSO AVAILABLE FEBRUARY 1
9a5e566d-e5b7-a6b3-47e1-c3aba942d641.jpeg
SYNOPSIS
GHOSTBUSTERS: AFTERLIFE
From director Jason Reitman and producer Ivan Reitman comes the next chapter in the original Ghostbusters universe. In Ghostbusters: Afterlife, when a single mom and her two kids arrive in a small town, they begin to discover their connection to the original Ghostbusters and the secret legacy their grandfather, an original Ghostbuster, left behind. The film is written by Gil Kenan & Jason Reitman.

GHOSTBUSTERS ULTIMATE COLLECTION 4K ULTRA HD SET
Featuring GHOSTBUSTERS, GHOSTBUSTERS II and GHOSTBUSTERS: AFTERLIFE on 4K Ultra HD & Blu-ray, plus two discs full of special features! Includes over 20 hours of rare behind-the-scenes and must-see archival gems, including the full Preview Cut of the original movie and much, much more! Presented in collectible “ghost trap” packaging with lights,and includes a full 220-page reprint of the rare 1985 “Making GHOSTBUSTERS” book! Also includes digital versions of GHOSTBUSTERS, GHOSTBUSTERS II, GHOSTBUSTERS: ANSWER THE CALL and GHOSTBUSTERS: AFTERLIFE.

GHOSTBUSTERS: AFTERLIFE - Sizzle

BONUS MATERIALS

BLU-RAY™, 4K Ultra HD™ and Digital

• We Got One! Easter Eggs Revealed
  • Ghostbusters: A Look Back
  • A Look Ahead
  • Bringing Ecto-1 Back to Life
  • The Gearhead’s Guide to Ghostbusters Gadgets
  • Special Effects: The Ghosts of Afterlife
  • Deleted Scene: Is It Ever Too Late?
  • Summoning the Spirit: Making Ghostbusters: Afterlife
DVD
  • Summoning the Spirit: Making Ghostbusters: Afterlife
THE GHOSTBUSTERS ULTIMATE COLLECTION
  • GHOSTBUSTERS 4K ULTRA HD
    • Feature presented in 4K resolution with Dolby Vision
    • Dolby Atmos + 5.1 + Theatrical Stereo
  • GHOSTBUSTERS BLU-RAY
    • Feature presented in high definition, from the 4K master
    • 5.1 + Theatrical Stereo
    • Special Features:
      • Commentary Featuring Director Ivan Reitman, Star/Co-Writer Harold Ramis and Associate Producer Joe Medjuck
      • Fan Commentary Moderated by Ghost Corps’ Eric Reich
      • Slimer Mode Picture-in-Picture Track
  • GHOSTBUSTERS II 4K ULTRA HD
    • Dolby Atmos + 5.1 + Theatrical Stereo
  • GHOSTBUSTERS II BLU-RAY
    • Feature presented in high definition, from the 4K master
    • 5.1 + Theatrical Stereo
    • Special Feature:
      • Commentary Featuring Director Ivan Reitman, Star/Co-Writer Dan Aykroyd and Executive Producer Joe Medjuck
  • GHOSTBUSTERS: AFTERLIFE 4K ULTRA HD
    • Dolby Atmos
  • GHOSTBUSTERS: AFTERLIFE BLU-RAY
    • Feature presented in high definition
    • Includes all special features from the standalone Blu-ray
  • SPECIAL FEATURES DISC 1 – GHOSTBUSTERS (1984)
    • NEW: Rare 114-minute Preview Cut of the Film (in Standard Definition) – an unearthed early cut of the film with alternate takes, additional scenes, early effects and more. A unique must-see experience for any Ghostbusters fan!
      • With optional commentary by Associate Producer Joe Medjuck and Editor Sheldon Kahn
    • NEW: “Reitman Squared” Scene Commentary – a look at two scenes from the film with Ivan & Jason Reitman
    • NEW: Dana’s Lost Auditions – eight auditions for the role of Dana Barrett, featuring Denise Crosby, Kelly LeBrock and more!
      • Special thanks to Brandon Kleyla
    • NEW:Ghostbusters: Behind Closed Doors” Documentary – a 90-minute documentary about the making of Ghostbusters and the history of the franchise!
    • NEW: Ghostbusters Dailies – over an hour of raw dailies, encompassing 7 scenes from the film
    • NEW: Full TV Broadcast Version of the Film (in Standard Definition) – featuring alternate TV-safe takes
    • 16 Deleted Scenes
    • TV Commercial from the Film + Commercial Outtakes
    • 1984 ShoWest Exhibitor Reel
    • “A Moment With the Stars” Original EPK Featurette
    • 1984 Featurette
    • SFX Team Featurette
    • Cast and Crew Featurette
    • Who You Gonna Call: A Ghostbusters Retrospective
    • Ecto-1: Resurrecting the Classic Car
    • Ruth Oliver's Library Ghost Scream Test
    • Multi-Angle Explorations
    • Storyboard Comparisons
    • Photo Galleries
    • "Ghostbusters" Music Video by Ray Parker, Jr.
    • Theatrical Trailers & Promo
  • SPECIAL FEATURES DISC 2 – GHOSTBUSTERS II & GHOSTBUSTERS: AFTERLIFE
    • GHOSTBUSTERS II
    • NEW: “Reitman Squared” Scene Commentary – a look at two scenes from the film with Ivan & Jason Reitman
    • NEW: 19 Deleted Scenes – a collection of never-before-seen deleted scenes!
    • NEW: Ghostbusters II Soundtrack Promo – a scene from the film with commentary from composer Randy Edelman
    • NEW: Full TV Broadcast Version of the Film (in Standard Definition) – featuring alternate TV-safe takes
    • 7 Additional Deleted Scenes
    • “The Oprah Winfrey Show: Cast of Ghostbusters II” – June 1989
    • Time Is But A Window: Ghostbusters II and Beyond
    • Ghostbusters II Original EPK
    • "On Our Own" Music Video by Bobby Brown
    • Theatrical Trailers
    • GHOSTBUSTERS: AFTERLIFE
    • Jason’s Sneak Peek from Set
    • Theatrical Trailers
2dd3f36f-877d-725a-4c7d-c8e70c2346cf.jpg
CAST AND CREW

Directed By:
Jason Reitman
Written By: Gil Kenan & Jason Reitman
Produced by: Ivan Reitman
Executive Producers: Dan Aykroyd, Gil Kenan, Jason Blumenfeld, Michael Beugg, Aaron L. Gilbert and Jason Cloth
Cast: Carrie Coon, Finn Wolfhard, Mckenna Grace, Annie Potts, Ernie Hudson and Paul Rudd.

GHOSTBUSTERS
Produced and Directed By:
Ivan Reitman
Written By: Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis
Executive Producer: Bernie Brillstein
Cast: Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Sigourney Weaver, Harold Ramis, Ernie Hudson, Rick Moranis

GHOSTBUSTERS II
Produced and Directed By:
Ivan Reitman
Written By: Harold Ramis and Dan Aykroyd
Executive Producers: Bernie Brillstein, Joe Medjuck, Michael C. Gross
Cast: Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Sigourney Weaver, Harold Ramis, Rick Moranis, Ernie Hudson, Annie Potts

GHOSTBUSTERS: ANSWER THE CALL
Directed By:
Paul Feig
Produced By: Ivan Reitman, Amy Pascal
Written By: Katie Dippold & Paul Feig
Executive Producers: Paul Feig, Jessie Henderson, Dan Aykroyd, Tom Pollock, Joe Medjuck, Ali Bell, Michele Imperato Stabile
Cast: Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon, Leslie Jones, Charles Dance, Michael Kenneth Williams and Chris Hemsworth

SPECS

GHOSTBUSTERS: AFTERLIFE (4K Ultra HD™, BLU-RAY™, DVD)
Run Time:
124 minutes
Rating: PG-13
4K Ultra HD:
Feature: 2160p Ultra High Definition 2.40:1 | Audio: 5.1 Dolby Atmos (Dolby True HD 7.1 compatible)
Blu-ray™: Feature: 1080p High Definition 2.40:1 | Audio: 5.1 Dolby Digital
DVD: Feature: 2.40:1 Anamorphic Widescreen | Audio: 5.1 Dolby Digital
Score Album: On Sony Classical

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Attachments

• 302420_front.jpg
    302420_front.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 95
Last edited:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
As usual, pre order prices mean nothing. You know they’re going to go down significantly before Street date.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Apparently no official press release, yet, although both Collider and Digital Bits have provided street dates.

Ross Heil

Auditioning
Is there any indication that the Ghostbusters Ultimate Collection (8 disc) is a limited release? I didn’t pre order it and now everywhere is sold out. I wasn’t sure if anyone knew if it was limited or if there will likely be more pressings. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Is there any indication that the Ghostbusters Ultimate Collection (8 disc) is a limited release? I didn’t pre order it and now everywhere is sold out. I wasn’t sure if anyone knew if it was limited or if there will likely be more pressings. Thanks in advance for any insight.
Yes it is. This is from Bill Hunt of the Digital Bits:
Also today, we’ve confirmed with Sony Pictures Home Entertainment that their Ghostbusters Ultimate Edition 4K Ultra HD release was a limited edition. Not only did it sell out almost everywhere within a day or two of its announcement, the studio currently has no plans to make more copies. The problem, however, is that a HUGE number of fans of these films missed out and have been unable to order copies before they sold out—and boy, have we been hearing from them here at The Bits! I’ve been talking to the studio and they seem open to the possibility of producing more if the demand is there. So I’ve just posted about this on Twitter here. Feel free to follow me there and politely ask Sony to produce another batch of this box set, or at least a discs-only version with all the content in new packaging to meet the demand. If enough fans politely request this, you never know what might be possible in the months ahead. So please feel free to chime in here.

Robbie^Blackmon

Second Unit
Just got the Ultimate Ghost Trap edition..

While zipping thru the preview edit of GB-1, I noticed the music during the montage of The Ghostbusters at work (after the first capture) has been removed using isolation tech. You can hear some of the beats underneath the first reporter's voice. Sound doesn't return for several minutes until the Larry King caller bit, and that sounds atrocious and treated with echo to smooth the swirly, electronic garble caused by the NR.

Was that the "lost" first Ghostbusters theme (from the teaser trailer) that everyone had been looking for that Sony couldn't license, or some other track? I know someone must have this unedited.

I do like the little green lights in the box. Will be a pain to replace the batteries w/o tearing something, I'm sure. Mine was shipped from Amazon in a bag which had actually torn open in several places, but arrived intact with no damage despite the best efforts of all parties involved in the rough handling.

Last edited:

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Mine was shipped from Amazon in a bag which had actually torn open in several places, but arrived intact with no damage despite the best efforts of all parties involved in the rough handling.
Amazon really needs to do a better job with shipping these boxed sets. I think that the fulfillment centers have all physical media hard-coded to ship in those horrid white and blue Prime bubble-pack bags. They recently shipped a water filter for my RO system in one of those bags, and like your Ghostbusters boxed set, the seams were coming undone by the time the package arrived.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Amazon really needs to do a better job with shipping these boxed sets. I think that the fulfillment centers have all physical media hard-coded to ship in those horrid white and blue Prime bubble-pack bags. They recently shipped a water filter for my RO system in one of those bags, and like your Ghostbusters boxed set, the seams were coming undone by the time the package arrived.
Amazon's packaging and shipping logistics could stand a LOT of improvement, but I wouldn't expect things to change for the better any time soon. The company seems to be perfectly happy screwing things up on a regular basis.

Robbie^Blackmon

Second Unit
"Amazon's packaging and shipping logistics could stand a LOT of improvement, but I wouldn't expect things to change for the better any time soon. The company seems to be perfectly happy screwing things up on a regular basis."

Gotta save up for more trips into space.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks