What's new

big problem - TV Is shutting off automatically (1 Viewer)

Bill Griffith

Supporting Actor
FIRST, its not the sleep fuinction. Checked that and its off.

It doesn't happen with every source. The xbox works fine, the VCR Movies work fine. It only does it when the Dishnetwork is being used.

Here is what happens:
Turn on Sat and TV. (Sat rec. is wired directly into TV, TV is a 37" Panny HDTV, about 2 years old if that)
we did this several times, TV will stay on anywhere from 5 minutes to 30 minutes and then shuts off (Never the same always vary's). It must be unplugged before it can be turned back on.

Any suggestion or reasons why its doing this?

Vishwa Somayaji

Stunt Coordinator
Try running the dishnet receiver output via the VCR input. My guess is that it will cure that. This may have something to do with the voltage level of the signal that the dishnet receiver sends. I had(still have) similar problems with bell-expressvu receivers. To give you an example, I have a marantz receiver that has auto on feature on its TV input. It works with everything but this receiver(several models). In addition, if I turn that feature on the receiver shuts off after about 15 minutes. It is as if there is no signal or something like that. Others could be more technical on this. Anyway, in my case if I turn that auto on feature off then everything is OK.

In your case if the TV works when the signal is routed through the VCR, you have an idea what is happening.

Bill Griffith

Supporting Actor
Will definatly check connecting through VCR, and also connecting to different video inputs at the back of the TV.

But this TV was working just fine for about 6 months or more with the setup its at now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks