What's new

Harman Kardon AVR700- Audio intermittent (1 Viewer)

JohnnyC67

Auditioning
Real Name
John C
Recently purchased a Harman Kardon AVR700 receiver and set up to use as my 5.1 surround sound. It worked fine for about 2 months but now it's stating to have audio issues......specifically, the audio will only work intermittently. It now only works sporadically with no rhyme or reason. Sometimes it will work for 5 minutes and then cut out for an hour. Other times it work work for 30 minutes and then cut out for 10. I've tried replacing the optical cable with a new one but still having same issues. Sometimes if I unplug for 10 minutes, it will work for a bit and then shut off. Used some canned air too to clean out inside. My current set up is with my Haier 65"tv (65UF2505) using an optical cable. I have the crossover set to 50hz (Lowest) based on the specs of my speakers (40Hz to 20kHz +/-3dB 6 ohm). I've also tried factory resetting my AVR but still no luck. I've even tried using the hdmi ARC option to my tv but only video works when I do (No audio at all). Both AVR and TV have the CEC/ARC settings ON. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. HAPPY THANKSGIVING if you live in Canada.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tracer Metula
Recent bookmarks