What's new

Better Call Saul - Season 5 (AMC) (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
"A man...fuckin' a horse??"
I like that every time they've used their annual "fuck" on Breaking Bad or Better Call Saul, it's always been in a big dramatic way but this year, it was for a crazy joke.

I have to admit the scene with Mike (after he awakens) has me completely baffled. It has been a long, long time since I watched Breaking Bad so a lot of details are fogged out in my mind, assuming there is a clue to Mike's location / status from BB.
It does seem like it's going to be a reveal of an existing character that helped him but I can't really think of who it would be (maybe one of the cartel characters?). My guess is that it's a new character that wants something from Mike.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I like that every time they've used their annual "fuck" on Breaking Bad or Better Call Saul, it's always been in a big dramatic way but this year, it was for a crazy joke.

It does seem like it's going to be a reveal of an existing character that helped him but I can't really think of who it would be (maybe one of the cartel characters?). My guess is that it's a new character that wants something from Mike.

Well the setting feels like a cartel hacienda. Hadn't thought about the aesthetic of the location until you mentioned the cartel. Seems like as good an idea as any. We'll see in a few days.

- Walter.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Not sure which I liked more...

All of Jimmy's shenanigans to logjam the call center construction (or)

Mike going all Inspector Gadget trying to rig a cell phone charger and the lady of the house handing him a charger. Mike really sold the scene with the expression on his face when she hands him the charger. "Oh" :rolling-smiley:

Can't remember if we have seen Mike's replacement for Jimmy's surveillance op on Kevin. Someone who could fit into Saul's circle of contractors.

- Walter.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Can't remember if we have seen Mike's replacement for Jimmy's surveillance op on Kevin...
Yeah, he's been on before. I'm stretching my memory but I believe the character is named Sobchak. In a first season episode, he was supposed to work with Mike to help Pryce (the pie sitter) sell pills to Nacho and Mike kicked his ass to show that Sobchak was lousy at his job. He had the mustache but not the beard back then.

I can only hope that he was 're-named' Mr. X as a nod to The X-Files character since Tom Schnauz and Vince Gilligan worked on that series.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
He was also one of Negan’s henchmen on The Walking Dead. Absolutely love it when he pops up anywhere.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
This series continues to defy expectations. Jimmy and Kim seem to be growing closer together not drifting apart as expected, which leads to a growing sense of foreboding what happens to remove Kim from his life. I don't think she dies because I can't imagine Saul maintaining any kind of joy of life after such an event, but there has to be some big break coming down the pike soon.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Let me start by saying, as usual, this series proves to be one of the best-written shows on television. I am amazed at the amount of wit and genius situations we see the characters placed into.

Just an extraordinarily well-made show. However, so was Breaking Bad.

As to Jimmy and Kim...

Yes, we all know that eventually, something will happen to separate them both.

I had assumed this series would have come to the conclusion of their relationship much sooner, but we all know that conclusion is forthcoming.

Right now the story is putting Jimmy and Kim in a very dangerous position as they poise to go after a very powerful man. In doing that, it could be the downfall of their personal relationship. I had always thought Kim would be killed and that death would somehow be Jimmy's unintended fault.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Bob Odenkirk did say in an interview that for all we know, in the Breaking Bad timeframe, Saul was going back to Kim at home every night. :D

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Bob Odenkirk did say in an interview that for all we know, in the Breaking Bad timeframe, Saul was going back to Kim at home every night. :D

That's a golden nugget of information. Did not know that.

A lot of fans of this show are assuming that Saul and Kim's relationship does not last into BB.

Very interesting to hear that.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
That's a golden nugget of information. Did not know that.

A lot of fans of this show are assuming that Saul and Kim's relationship does not last into BB.

Very interesting to hear that.
For what it's worth I think he said it in jest and I don't really believe that.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Right now the story is putting Jimmy and Kim in a very dangerous position as they poise to go after a very powerful man. In doing that, it could be the downfall of their personal relationship. I had always thought Kim would be killed and that death would somehow be Jimmy's unintended fault.

It’s easy to imagine that something bad ends up happening to Kim as some kind of collateral damage to something Jimmy gets involved in, though I tend to lean toward that not happening. I kind of feel that would be a little too dark and not a fate that most viewers would want for her (unless her character really starts taking a turn to a darker place). Seems the more simple resolution to her character is that she becomes further disillusioned with where she is right now (as she’s putting an awful lot on the line just to keep a stubborn old man from having to relocate) and maybe changes her career/relocates. I’m trying to think if there is anything in BB that rules out her still being in his life by that time, other than her not being a known factor when he decides to bug out via the vacuum guy near the end.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
“Where is Kim during Breaking Bad?” is the big mystery that Better Call Saul seems to be getting closer and closer to revealing. I’m betting some major shit is gonna hit the fan in these next five episodes.

BTW, I HATE Kevin.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
“Where is Kim during Breaking Bad?” is the big mystery that Better Call Saul seems to be getting closer and closer to revealing. I’m betting some major shit is gonna hit the fan in these next five episodes.

BTW, I HATE Kevin.

Scott simply claimed that the show's creator stated that she could have existed in Breaking Bad as the person Saul Goodman would come home to at night.

I can't confirm if it was said seriously or in jest. Now that I think more about it, it seems jest.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I can't imagine Kim dealing with the Saul Goodman of Breaking Bad in any way, shape or form. I don't fear for Kim's safety because I assume that Gene will try to get some kind of redemption in the flashforwards and I think Kim will be integral in that.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I can't imagine Kim dealing with the Saul Goodman of Breaking Bad in any way, shape or form.
I also think it would be a cheat for the writers to go that route and they’re too good for that. Surely at some point there would have at least been mention of a significant other at home. Come to think of it though, while it wasn’t really something I thought about at the time, Saul in the BB timeframe was basically asexual, wasn’t he?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Let's also remember that Saul had to buy a vacuum, drop out of sight and off the grid.

It would have been much, much more difficult to explain that action if he and Kim were still having a healthy relationship.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks