What's new

Better Call Saul - Season 5 (AMC) (1 Viewer)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Remember back in S1 and S2, people would speculate where Kim was during the Walter White-era? "We just didn't ever see Saul at home -- it's very likely they're happily married during Breaking Bad."

....Hahahaha.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
so what was the deal with the cold opening of the girl waiting for her mom to pick her up who shows up drunk?

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Remember back in S1 and S2, people would speculate where Kim was during the Walter White-era? "We just didn't ever see Saul at home -- it's very likely they're happily married during Breaking Bad."

....Hahahaha.
I’m becoming increasingly open to the idea her and Jimmy are indeed together during BB. I mean, if THIS didn’t turn her away from him, wtf would?!?! Slippin’ Kimmy!

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
I would assume that was Kim as a child since the mom called her Kimmy.
It was -- back in the '70s she knew enough not to get into that car with her drunken mom, but now she's getting into the metaphorical car with Saul, and she can't stop herself.

Cameo-wise, the detective was a very cool surprise last night, but I can’t help but be disappointed that Wendy didn’t make an appearance.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I would assume that was Kim as a child since the mom called her Kimmy.

It was -- back in the '70s she knew enough not to get into that car with her drunken mom, but now she's getting into the metaphorical car with Saul, and she can't stop herself.

Cameo-wise, the detective was a very cool surprise last night, but I can’t help but be disappointed that Wendy didn’t make an appearance.

Yeah, it started to occur to me a little later on, I must of somehow not caught when the mom refers to her as Kimmy.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I keep saying this: "best show on television."

I am just completely dumbfounded by the final act. Here was the point that all of us thought would end Kim and Jimmy's relationship and then....marriage?!

Maybe these two are perfect for each other. They both are completely reckless and do things to destroy themselves. Kim just puts on more of a professional face.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Yeah, I'm having a hard time buying that complete transition at the end.

Also, as entertaining as the video was, was it really even necessary with the logo infringement as additional fuel?

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
No way Kim and Saul are married during BB; not after this. Don't be mislead by false promises or emotions. That's what the Kim flashback scene was all about.

I believe that is a good analysis of the import of the flashback relative to Kim and Jimmy's relationship. Kim will reach a 'point of no return' with Jimmy over some act or actions that parallel her mother's drinking and lies about drinking. (Promising not to behave some way and then not keeping that promise.)

I think it is still within the realm of possibility that Kim will die as a result of something that Jimmy does, or possibly because of Jimmy's associates / clientele. I believe that would drive Jimmy deeper into the Saul Goodman persona as a defense mechanism. Certainly he is fully engaged in that character in Breaking Bad so we sort of know where he will be, it is simply a question of how he gets there.

- Walter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks