What's new

Better Call Saul - Season 5 (AMC) (1 Viewer)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
It certainly feels like the reason why Saul is so pushy with Kim is because he doesn't know how to handle losing her, and doesn't know what to do about guaranteeing her affection. It's funny, because Saul is a mastermind when it comes to words...but when it comes to the true things that matter to him most like Chuck and Kim, he absolutely can't find the words or appropriately express himself.

He's as helpless as the people he scams.

I find it sad to see Mike develop, knowing that he will just vanish one day. From Kaylee's perspective, he just disappeared while she was on the swings, and that was that. Everyone who knows what became of Mike is now dead, so his fate is completely lost to time. Utterly tragic.

And it's probably obvious, but was the drainpipe-blockage because of Nacho all along? Gus wanted Nacho to earn Lalo's trust, so did he purposely block the gutter, hoping everything would go "wrong"?

Other random stuff:

- That garden-gnome had its face 50% off...just like Gus.

- Saul's system is a time-turner like Hermione Granger's. Because 45 clients by himself is fucking insane.

- Jimmy suggesting he hang one of the "huge, new" plasma TVs, LOL. (Deeper blacks, yo.)

- That was the same realtor who tried to sell Jesse's house in season two of Breaking Bad.

- Very Berry H2O + Tequila? Hector is such a party-animal.

- Is this yet another new Kaylee? How many are we up to now? Mike is #1 grandpa. Pop Pop a legend.

- Also, the Eagles were in the Super Bowl in 1981, then not again until 2005. Kaylee would never have been able to watch them in the Super Bowl. Show is literally unwatchable now.

- Between this, the meth-explosion, and the bike lock, I'm starting to think Krazy-8 has the shittiest luck out of anyone in this whole entire franchise.

- My Lunch with Lalo. I could watch an entire movie of that.

Last edited:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
These two "half-off" idiots are gonna introduce Hank into the BCS world. I'm all for it.

EDIT: Ocho Loco!! And a nickname was born...
Way early on in Breaking Bad, it was revealed that Krazy 8 was also a snitch for the DEA so maybe Lalo should have him killed.

I find it sad to see Mike develop, knowing that he will just vanish one day. From Kaylee's perspective, he just disappeared while she was on the swings, and that was that. Everyone who knows what became of Mike is now dead, so his fate is completely lost to time. Utterly tragic.
And the biggest reason why Mike turned to a life of crime was to get money for Kaylee and that's all seized by the DEA so, like most of the characters, he did it all for nothing. The world of Breaking Bad has a Twilight Zone-level comeuppance.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Josh, I love reading your observations. Very funny stuff.

The one thing I had to do a double-take on was when, while showing Kim the dream home, Saul says something about putting a plasma TV on the wall.

"Plasma," I thought? Who the hell has a plasma anymore?

Then I remembered that this show was pre-Breaking Bad so certainly, during the show's supposed time frame, plasma televisions were the ones to buy.

Only a TV geek would pick up on something like that.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Better Find Saul. The series is increasingly about... anyone but Saul. And I guess I'm okay with that, but it is misleading.
I said it toward the end of last season, but I’m finding the Jimmy/Saul/Kim arc to be the least interesting of all the arcs.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Saul Goodman Productions presents...

..complete with a few surprising cameos.

Sorry but that was painful. Kept waiting for a payoff and there wasn’t one. Oh well, at least it was only 3 minutes.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Waited until I had viewed both episodes prior to posting. I am so happy that this show is back. Random thoughts (because that is what this show evokes with its multi-thread approach.)

Having to reset my mind on the series with it being away for so long.

Love Saul's new attire, sort of understated 'Joker' as alluded to by Josh.

I'm not sure that Nacho had an opportunity to block the pipe, but that makes as much sense as anything. Considering the size of the 'packets' the pipe shouldn't clog normally. (??)

When the two skels woke up on Tuesday morning inside the car and the passenger smiled, the one thought that crossed my mind was that dude's teeth were way too good a condition, and white, for someone with his lifestyle. Maybe despite his flaws he practices good dental hygiene? :)

Maybe it is just me, but they seem to be portraying Gustavo as more ruthless in this season. Threatening family members of your employees is not a good way to generate loyalty. (Perhaps they are just focusing on that aspect of the character this year. ?)

Nice to see Hector's cameo.

- Walter.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I don't buy that Nacho clogged the drainpipe. Too many things had to swing the right way for that opportunity to happen. As soon as they said they wanted 10 bags I knew it was gonna get clogged (they were only getting 2 prior to that). Based on the "50% off" thing you knew it was only a matter of time before those two got busted.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Petition to have Mesa Verde keep the lights on in Nacho's house?

Nacho has a bunch of money, Saul feels comfortable scapegoating him in the upcoming BrBa-timeline, and a lot of emphasis is being put on him "running." I don't know how he would find Ed the Vacuum-Guy, but it's looking pretty likely.

EDIT: A$AC Schrader in the house!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks