What's new

Better Call Saul - Season 4 (AMC) (1 Viewer)

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
45311844-AB73-4892-B868-D070DFBC16A9.png

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
And it lasted one more year (that last season of BB was split in half and not two seasons). How crazy is it that Breaking Bad had a spin-off, that it lasted longer and that it was just as good?

I never expected this show to be good. I don't think anybody really did at first.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
And it lasted one more year (that last season of BB was split in half and not two seasons). How crazy is it that Breaking Bad had a spin-off, that it lasted longer and that it was just as good?
Hopefully it's not one of those, "we're-splitting-the-season-into-two-but-only-calling-it-one-season"-things. But they're probably going to do the 6/7 split and drag this into mid-2022, and I'm already annoyed.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Mild spoiler:
Word is Hank and Gomey will appear in episodes 3 and 4 this season! W00T! I’ve always thought Hank was a pretty logical choice to appear at some point, so I don’t mind the confirmation. And we get Gomey to boot!

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
^ I envy anyone that can avoid that spoiler but if they skip all commercials and press and social media, they're in for a cool surprise that AMC ruined for everyone else.
Yeah, I spoilerized it out of courtesy, but I’m sure everyone who goes on the internet are bound to find out for themselves. But it’s something that isn’t exactly story-related. Plus, it’s something I’ve strongly suspected anyways, so I personally didn’t mind finding out.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
All kinds of discussion about
those two returning characters straight from Vince Gilligan and the actors' mouths
here.

(Warning: Even just "hovering" over the link reveals the spoiler, so proceed with caution.)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Not that this is a surprise but I'm assuming that this season is going to be a real downer. The only person on the way up will be the evil Gus. Mike, who at one point was a decent man, will get deeper and deeper. Jimmy, who had a chance at being a good guy, will flush it away even more. Even creeps like Hector must see things get worse since he goes from doing quite well to being in some shitty shack in the middle of the desert by the time of Breaking Bad.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
My wife and I started re-watching season 4 on Netflix in preparation of the new season. Can’t believe it’s been a year and a half since season 4 started. Only two episodes in so far but it’s amazing how great it still is considering we’ve seen it before.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Just rewatched last week's episode. One of the best of the entire series. Loved Saul's crazy version of the, "I am the one who knocks"-speech. It was interesting the way it paused before Kim said, "[But] you'll be a friend of the cartel." It was the first time Kim has been aware of this other side of Jimmy -- of the entire Breaking Bad universe -- and the moment seemed to carry a lot of weight.

There's a good interview with Rhea Seehorn on The Watch podcast. One of the hosts, Chris Ryan, knows Melissa Bernstein. He bumped into her last year after they shot episode 8 (tonight's episode). Gilligan directed it, and she said it's a big one. Someone else said it's "series defining." A few weeks ago, Peter Gould said this in an interview:

What's been hinted as potentially the highlight of the season will come with Episode 8, "Bagman," an opus directed by Gilligan. Gould calls it "physically, a very difficult episode for us to do."

"Vince said several times to me that it was the hardest directing [he has] ever done. When you see it, you'll understand why."
Absolutely pumped for tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks