What's new

Better Call Saul - Season 4 (AMC) (1 Viewer)

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Mostly interested in the Jimmy storyline to see what happens to Kim at this point. Though I expect now that he's adopting the Saul persona things will get more interesting on the Jimmy front.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
A Breaking Bad sequel film, starring Aaron Paul, is now officially happening:

https://www.slashfilm.com/breaking-bad-movie-jesse-pinkman/

After Jesse escapes the Nazis, he uses his money to fund a movie based on Badger's Star Trek script.

Better Call Saul would have to end next season for this to work. And the film should be entirely about Jesse.

His fingerprints are all over a gang hideout, with a dozen dead guys, a meth-lab, and the subject of a nationwide manhunt lying dead in said meth-lab. They would have to assume someone is responsible, so they would naturally find prints leading them to Jesse.

I don't know how he's supposed to realistically run for that long, though. He has nothing. No money, no family to turn to, no place to go. I guess it's possible he could meet up with Badger and Skinny Pete and get them to give him the money they got from Walt for helping with Gretchen and Elliott, but that's a long shot. I'm assuming they don't have a lot going for them without the meth-game, so they probably wouldn't just want to give him that money.

This is the only BrBa movie-concept that works for me. The ambiguous ending Jesse had was great, but I personally wanted a more conclusive ending for his character. A movie focusing on his journey to redemption, trying to move past the horrors of his past in Breaking Bad, that sounds like a juicy idea. It's not a strong enough premise for a show, but a movie? Well, that's just two episodes dedicated to Jesse, essentially. I'd love it.

Last edited:

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I could get on board with a "Gus builds his chicken empire" concept.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I watched Season 4 this week. I don't know if it was the storyline or just me, but I had a really hard time getting into it. I really had to power through to finish off; it wasn't fun this season. I think watching both Jimmy and Kim making such obviously terrible choices throughout, and then Mike's storyline with the affable German project lead, were on the edge of too soul crushing for me.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
^ Funny, I thought S4 was the best season yet. It addressed all the things I said critically about previous seasons (I thought they were too slow, and normally I don't mind slow...). I'm really looking forward to S5 after this.

I especially liked the "montage" (??) of Jimmy and Kim growing apart, I thought it was cleverly done and quite different than what you might normally see for this type of thing. And the weird angles of some of the photography shots. Usually I'm not into artsy stuff since I have no natural appreciation for it, but I know what I like and I liked this stuff.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Confirmation of the Breaking Bad film to first run on Netflix, and then AMC. Focusing on Jessie Pinkman and possibly some other characters (Walter White in flashback?). I wonder if it will include Saul Goodman, or will Gilligan reserve any future look at the fate of Saul for this series?
I hope they leave Saul to Better Call Saul. I'm cool with flashbacks but I can't see any reason why Jesse and 'Gene' would meet up in the future (though I trust Gilligan and company enough that if they do that, there'd be a good reason).

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I’m all for a Jesse Netflix movie, but I couldn’t help but notice that the article says Season 5 of BCS is “set to air this year.” I believe this is the only real news on the next season. Considering the longer than usual time it took season 4 to come, at least we know we’re getting season 5 in 2019. I’m hoping we get something more specific soon.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I’m all for a Jesse Netflix movie, but I couldn’t help but notice that the article says Season 5 of BCS is “set to air this year.” I believe this is the only real news on the next season. Considering the longer than usual time it took season 4 to come, at least we know we’re getting season 5 in 2019. I’m hoping we get something more specific soon.
Tom Schnauz said that they're currently writing and I THINK I saw something saying that shooting starts in April. I'd assume the episodes will start running in the late summer/fall again.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Season 5 has been delayed to “2020”.

Seriously, FML! :( Anything later than December 2019 makes it the longest wait between seasons yet!

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Bob Odenkirk will be playing 40 when he's 60. Remember the wait between Breaking Bad Seasons 3 and 4?

That was absolute torture.

Don't they start filming this next week? Seems like fall should have been a plausible premiere-window. If this delay is for any other reason than to make a second season of W/ Bob and David, then it is unjustified.

Actor-availability aside, just strictly from a pure screenwriting-standpoint, I don't understand why it's so hard for all these shows (Game of Thrones, Stranger Things, Better Call Saul, Rick and Morty) to get seasons out on a yearly basis. It's not like they even have to produce 22 hours a year like a normal network show.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
And with AMC giving season 5 a green light super early you’d think they’d had a headstart. Season 4 got a late green light, so I assumed that was the reason for that long wait (or maybe it wasn’t related?)

Is season 6 going to premier in 2023?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Don't they start filming this next week? Seems like fall should have been a plausible premiere-window.
Rhea Seehorn put up a picture of herself back in Albuquerque last night on Twitter and said "Season 5 @BetterCallSaul , let the shooting begin!!!". If they're starting now, they must be going to stop shooting at some point for a decent chunk of time to allow (presumably) Odenkirk to shoot a movie and then go back to finish the season.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
What's weird is that, based on Twitter from BCS writers and directors, they've shot at least up to episode 9. Maybe they're shooting everything but Odenkirk's scenes and they'll just go back and shoot everything with him when he becomes available again? Maybe they've planned on wrapping up the series this season and they're coming back later to shoot an 'extra' 5 or 6 episodes and they'll split the last season into two chunks like they did with Breaking Bad?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks