1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Better Call Saul - Season 4 (AMC)

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by joshEH, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Greg.K

Greg.K Screenwriter

Greg K.
    Mostly interested in the Jimmy storyline to see what happens to Kim at this point. Though I expect now that he's adopting the Saul persona things will get more interesting on the Jimmy front.

2. Message #322 of 326 Nov 7, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    joshEH

joshEH Producer

Josh
    A Breaking Bad sequel film, starring Aaron Paul, is now officially happening:

https://www.slashfilm.com/breaking-bad-movie-jesse-pinkman/

After Jesse escapes the Nazis, he uses his money to fund a movie based on Badger's Star Trek script.

Better Call Saul would have to end next season for this to work. And the film should be entirely about Jesse.

His fingerprints are all over a gang hideout, with a dozen dead guys, a meth-lab, and the subject of a nationwide manhunt lying dead in said meth-lab. They would have to assume someone is responsible, so they would naturally find prints leading them to Jesse.

I don't know how he's supposed to realistically run for that long, though. He has nothing. No money, no family to turn to, no place to go. I guess it's possible he could meet up with Badger and Skinny Pete and get them to give him the money they got from Walt for helping with Gretchen and Elliott, but that's a long shot. I'm assuming they don't have a lot going for them without the meth-game, so they probably wouldn't just want to give him that money.

This is the only BrBa movie-concept that works for me. The ambiguous ending Jesse had was great, but I personally wanted a more conclusive ending for his character. A movie focusing on his journey to redemption, trying to move past the horrors of his past in Breaking Bad, that sounds like a juicy idea. It's not a strong enough premise for a show, but a movie? Well, that's just two episodes dedicated to Jesse, essentially. I'd love it.

3. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Yeah, I agree. Although they could have a Gene in Omaha telemovie but I hope that tale stays in the realm of Better Call Saul.

4. ScottH

ScottH Producer

Scott Hanson
    I could get on board with a "Gus builds his chicken empire" concept.

5. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

Dave
    I watched Season 4 this week. I don't know if it was the storyline or just me, but I had a really hard time getting into it. I really had to power through to finish off; it wasn't fun this season. I think watching both Jimmy and Kim making such obviously terrible choices throughout, and then Mike's storyline with the affable German project lead, were on the edge of too soul crushing for me.

6. CraigF

CraigF Producer

Craig
    ^ Funny, I thought S4 was the best season yet. It addressed all the things I said critically about previous seasons (I thought they were too slow, and normally I don't mind slow...). I'm really looking forward to S5 after this.

I especially liked the "montage" (??) of Jimmy and Kim growing apart, I thought it was cleverly done and quite different than what you might normally see for this type of thing. And the weird angles of some of the photography shots. Usually I'm not into artsy stuff since I have no natural appreciation for it, but I know what I like and I liked this stuff.

joshEH and Sam Posten like this.